Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!

DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!

Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Hope you used a Spirit Level to make sure it really is level. Oh and try to center it on the wall too; I too have OCD and rather serious case of it
I had serious issues with a picture (supplied by Mr Meow). I wanted it centred above our table, but the table was off centre in the wall and off centre between a light switch and the phone buzzer thing.

Fortunately, it looks great where it is but it took so much shuffling and trying to decide where to line things up that I had to have a sit down.

Wild times in business bay.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago we had a Singaporean Chinese amah who would alter every picture in the house as she was firmly convinced that devils would sit on level pictures. My mother would go around and straighten them. The amah could move them again. Repeated every day for a year and a half to the rest of the family's amusement.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
My mother would go around and straighten them. The amah could move them again. Repeated every day for a year and a half to the rest of the family's amusement.
My SIL is OCD about everything being in the 'right' place. So anything I can move, even by a couple of millimeters, gets moved on every visit. She's a bag of nerves now
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
My SIL is OCD about everything being in the 'right' place. So anything I can move, even by a couple of millimeters, gets moved on every visit. She's a bag of nerves now
You're an evil man.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Awesome. One of the lads in the office has to have everything neat and in it's place. Even ties rolled and lined up perfectly. I take joy in altering as few things as possible because you know how much it will bug him.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the relationship between my OCD wife and the maid.

The bedside lamp is a source of constant frustration!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be really bad, having a kid changed that!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Sounds like the relationship between my OCD wife and the maid.

The bedside lamp is a source of constant frustration!
Maids are always funny though, we've had pictures on the side stood back where they were but facing the wrong way, or stuff just generally moved about, like the fruit bowl (full of limes for corona, not actual proper fruit) moved from the kitchen side to the hallway.

Bizarre.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:01 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mrs (At home) wont use any cutlery or plates without washing them 1st and anything I wash gets done again.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Maids are always funny though,
Yup! Mine ALWAYS remakes the bed, doesn't matter how I make it. She also lines up all the toiletries in height, and the remote controls by length. All cords & wires get rolled up. My underwear gets folded into squares! WTF!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:29 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
My Mrs (At home) wont use any cutlery or plates without washing them 1st and anything I wash gets done again.
You don't need a maid then....

Hang on, your wife at home? You have 2 wives? One in Lincolnshire and one in Doha? Glutton for punishment mate.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Yup! Mine ALWAYS remakes the bed, doesn't matter how I make it. She also lines up all the toiletries in height, and the remote controls by length. All cords & wires get rolled up. My underwear gets folded into squares! WTF!
Awesome. I love some of the random stuff they do.

I asked the last one if their company cleaned rugs, she said yes and I turned to get some paper to write down their number again and see if she knew who to talk to...next thing, she's hit the deck with the dustpan brush and started furiously brushing it!

My Mum's cleaners got banned from my room when they were using window cleaner and water on my TV.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 8:20 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
You don't need a maid then....

Hang on, your wife at home? You have 2 wives? One in Lincolnshire and one in Doha? Glutton for punishment mate.
Home is here now mate.......

A maid would be a nightmare, I had a girl house sit to look after the cat when we went to Tunisia and she spent 3 days cleaning when she got home stating it was not clean and she was dirty. Obviously looked perfectly normal to me
Old Dec 4th 2013, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I used to be really bad, having a kid changed that!
Ah...so you know this goat then??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...male-GOAT.html
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

The tree is up, that is all I do, except for my Christmas door wreath
Edited to add my Christmas stocking :-D
Attached Thumbnails DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!-2013-12-06-12.01.59.jpg   DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!-2013-12-05-13.05.47.jpg   DECK THE HALLS AND GET THE TREES UP!!!!!-2013-12-06-13.36.04.jpg  

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Dec 6th 2013 at 8:39 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.