On this day...........

Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On this day...........

Nicole Brown Simpson was found murdered, 1994. ( and the bloke nobody remembers...)
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:52 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Nicole Brown Simpson was found murdered, 1994. ( and the bloke nobody remembers...)
wow really, and I don't know his name either. I was living in America at the time of the trial, and his aquittal but it doesn't seem so long ago, almost 20 years
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

30 years ago My hometown troops 45Cdo Royal Marines took 2 sisters in the Falklands in a bloody night battle.

45Cdo consists of X,Y and Z companies...to keep the inertia of the attack, the battle cries of 'ZULU' were heard throught Zulu company as they advanced into the enemy positions.

42 Cdo took Mount Harriet in a textbook assault, 3 Para took Mt Longdon where Sgt Ian McKay was awarded a VC (posthmous).

The following night the Scots Guards assaulted Mt Tumbledown thus clearing the route to Stanley...

Around this time, as HMS Glamorgan was returning from the gun line where she was providing NGS to the battles above, she carelessly entered the range of where there was a suspected land based exocet launcher at Stanley...it was the Argentinians last exocet, it fired and hit Glamorgan in the hanger and the galley where the chef's were cooking dinner..Many chef's and aircrew perished. The skill of the crew in firefighting and damage control saved the ship...it was used as an example of how to do it for years after.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
30 years ago My hometown troops 45Cdo Royal Marines took 2 sisters in the Falklands in a bloody night battle.

45Cdo consists of X,Y and Z companies...to keep the inertia of the attack, the battle cries of 'ZULU' were heard throught Zulu company as they advanced into the enemy positions.

42 Cdo took Mount Harriet in a textbook assault, 3 Para took Mt Longdon where Sgt Ian McKay was awarded a VC (posthmous).

The following night the Scots Guards assaulted Mt Tumbledown thus clearing the route to Stanley...

Around this time, as HMS Glamorgan was returning from the gun line where she was providing NGS to the battles above, she carelessly entered the range of where there was a suspected land based exocet launcher at Stanley...it was the Argentinians last exocet, it fired and hit Glamorgan in the hanger and the galley where the chef's were cooking dinner..Many chef's and aircrew perished. The skill of the crew in firefighting and damage control saved the ship...it was used as an example of how to do it for years after.
"... to keep the inertia of the attack ..." ??

"Shall we keep attacking?"
"Nah...... can't be bothered........"
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:33 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"... to keep the inertia of the attack ..." ??

"Shall we keep attacking?"
"Nah...... can't be bothered........"

I should have said 'momentum'..they were pinned down by SF machine guns and artillery. I know quite a few who fought on this night 30years ago..some great stories.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

13 June 1215
Magna Carta Sealed! - Until Barbara Castle unsealed it in 1968!

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 13th 2012 at 10:22 am.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:17 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Birthday of James Clerk Maxwell - second unification in physics (magnetism, electricity and light) and Maxwell's equations. The only scientist Einstein labelled as a genius.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:56 am
banned

Rule Britannia...
Attached Thumbnails On this day...........-576799_10150976551153205_619216614_n.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

1839 - first ever Henley Regatta.

1982 - Falklands war ends after Argentinian troops surrender in Stanley.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:33 am
banned

Originally Posted by Meow
1982 - Falklands war ends after Argentinian troops surrender in Stanley.
As shown above...
Old Jun 14th 2012, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Rule Britannia...
As a Falkland Islander may I assure you all that those who came to liberate us will never be forgotten. Sadly 255 made the ultimate sacrifice and did not return. Also let us not forget those who did return, but have suffered greatly since.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:34 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
As a Falkland Islander may I assure you all that those who came to liberate us will never be forgotten. Sadly 255 made the ultimate sacrifice and did not return. Also let us not forget those who did return, but have suffered greatly since.
Well said Jim. And lets not forget the Falkland Island residents who were killed also.

Lest we forget.

Its now 14 years since i was last on the Falklands, and i still remember taking a trip in our seaboat around Bluff cove and Fitzroy, berthing in Mare Harbour, dropping anchor is San Carlos over the wreck of the Antelope..Memories. Standing at the Fo'csle looking at the beautiful surroundings trying to imagine what it must have been like on a T21 frigate in Bomb Alley.. Also it was worth a trip to Darwin and Goose Green to see where that daft mad bastard H Jones made his fatal charge.

A place i dont think ill ever go to again (that an South Georgia) but a place i loved. Spent 6 months there and had an absolute great time.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:44 pm
banned

I love this photo, K Co, 42 Royal Marines recce patrol briefings on the back of Mt Kent..Lust love the guy at the back with the tab in his mouth, hands in his pockets not giving a ****..lets get tore into them..superb.
Attached Thumbnails On this day...........-303508_10150883419590920_1928200711_n.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Well said Jim. And lets not forget the Falkland Island residents who were killed also.

Lest we forget.

Its now 14 years since i was last on the Falklands, and i still remember taking a trip in our seaboat around Bluff cove and Fitzroy, berthing in Mare Harbour, dropping anchor is San Carlos over the wreck of the Antelope..Memories. Standing at the Fo'csle looking at the beautiful surroundings trying to imagine what it must have been like on a T21 frigate in Bomb Alley.. Also it was worth a trip to Darwin and Goose Green to see where that daft mad bastard H Jones made his fatal charge.

A place i dont think ill ever go to again (that an South Georgia) but a place i loved. Spent 6 months there and had an absolute great time.
I have only been back twice since I left in "72 unfortunately. '77 and '96 actually. I had been playing with making a final trip back taking my family for the first time. Unfortunately have some health issues so think it will have to go on the backburner.

I did spend a week in Grytviken, South Georgia in 1968 tho!!
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

16 June 2012........... Enoch Powell, born 100 years ago today............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.