The Damned United

Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:39 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Damned United

No, this isnt a call to arms for Spugsy's 5-a-side team,.....but the film premieres' in London tonight and goes on general release on 27th March.

If the film is as good as the book,should be a good one, although the Clough family are having nothing to do with it.

The Leeds teams of the 70's were easy to dislike. Especially since they introduced several negative things to the English game that until then had been almost non existant.

[1] The deliberate obstruction of the goalkeeper at corners. Speciality Jack Charlton.

[2] A carefully orchestrated plan carried out on a player by player basis to harangue the referee and basically bully him in giving decisions their way.

[3] They were the first team witnessed carrying out time wasting tactics taking the ball to the corner lines etc.

I stand to be corrected, but Leeds have to be the most hated team in football history.... surely??

p.s. And Bremner was a ginger tosser
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Damned United

Originally Posted by BangleMan
No, this isnt a call to arms for Spugsy's 5-a-side team,.....but the film premieres' in London tonight and goes on general release on 27th March.

If the film is as good as the book,should be a good one, although the Clough family are having nothing to do with it.

The Leeds teams of the 70's were easy to dislike. Especially since they introduced several negative things to the English game that until then had been almost non existant.

[1] The deliberate obstruction of the goalkeeper at corners. Speciality Jack Charlton.

[2] A carefully orchestrated plan carried out on a player by player basis to harangue the referee and basically bully him in giving decisions their way.

[3] They were the first team witnessed carrying out time wasting tactics taking the ball to the corner lines etc.

I stand to be corrected, but Leeds have to be the most hated team in football history.... surely??

p.s. And Bremner was a ginger tosser
You're right on every level,

and the book was indeed superb, and the Dubai based, wonderful free flowing football team, made out of over 50% BE ex-pats is just as good....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:49 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

And now you have a Boro-born Sunderland legend as your avatar.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
And now you have a Boro-born Sunderland legend as your avatar.
I can forgive him and david kelly for playing for the rat-shaggers, they were football legends.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:57 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I can forgive him and david kelly for playing for the rat-shaggers, they were football legends.
Rat shaggers.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

But wasn't Brian Clough in charge at Leeds Utd for less than two months so why the anti-Leeds theme from the OP? Surely Don Revie was the man who created the monster of Elland Road? My old man took me to see them once.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:30 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But wasn't Brian Clough in charge at Leeds Utd for less than two months so why the anti-Leeds theme from the OP? Surely Don Revie was the man who created the monster of Elland Road? My old man took me to see them once.
Cos it was seamless link as I was talking about the film depicting Clough's bried reign at Leeds.......besides, any excuse to slag Leeds off is ok in my book...lol

Must admit I did want those little number flags they had as sock tie ups when I were a lad.....they never took on suprisingly !
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you think that we are actually bothered about it?

They played some passionate hard and skillful football and granted not always within the rules but despite how much we were and still are hated we really dont give a shit!

Marching on together, We are Leeds!

And for your information The Red Scum from Old Trafford are the most hated team in football!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:37 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Do any of you think that we are actually bothered about it?

They played some passionate hard and skillful football and granted not always within the rules but despite how much we were and still are hated we really dont give a shit!

Marching on together, We are Leeds!

And for your information The Red Scum from Old Trafford are the most hated team in football!
one more league down, and you will be where you belong....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:29 pm
Excess Baggage

West Ham are the Leeds of the South...
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:30 pm
Hammer for Life

West Ham are the Leeds of the South...
er....how do you make that out...?

we are a Premiership team ....Leeds aren't.....end of story
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:11 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by BangleMan
er....how do you make that out...?

we are a Premiership team ....Leeds aren't.....end of story
Let me think. Delusions of being a big club? Check. Reviled by many other teams' fans? Check...

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:32 pm
Hammer for Life

Let me think. Delusions of being a big club? Check. Reviled by many other teams' fans? Check...

Oh dear, a sad and bitter Leeds fan....so which teams revile West Ham....Sheff Utd...check.....and now Im struggling to think of another one

Leeds fans, reviled by every fan and on a par with Millwall fans....

The club who have that scrupulous chairman, Ken Bates at the helm.....hated by most fans

Who are stuck in their glory years of the 70's and havent a hope in hell of ever getting back into the Premiership.....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:41 pm
Excess Baggage

I'm not a Leeds fan. Eeewwww. I shudder at the thought. I'm enjoying their demise. I just hope Newcastle go the same way. (sorry spugsy)

But you're probably right in that Millwall are quite well hated on a par with Leeds. As are Chelsea. I don't hear much fondness for the Hammers from other fans though, to be fair.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:50 pm
Hammer for Life

I'm not a Leeds fan. Eeewwww. I shudder at the thought. I'm enjoying their demise. I just hope Newcastle go the same way. (sorry spugsy)

But you're probably right in that Millwall are quite well hated on a par with Leeds. As are Chelsea. I don't hear much fondness for the Hammers from other fans though, to be fair.
you just dont go to the right places......there is a lot of love being spread for the Hammers ....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.