cycling

Old Sep 28th 2016, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default cycling

Further to my previous thread.....figured those into cycling might not be aware of this - new 8.4km cycling track in Meydan

A new 8.4km cycle track has just opened near Meydan in Dubai - What's On Dubai
I'm gonna check it out on Friday.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 9:47 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cycling

Originally Posted by mission
Further to my previous thread.....figured those into cycling might not be aware of this - new 8.4km cycling track in Meydan

A new 8.4km cycle track has just opened near Meydan in Dubai - What's On Dubai
I'm gonna check it out on Friday.
Its been open for a few months and is THE ideal place for the new cyclists.

If riding, please follow the signs (its a one way track) and keep right unless overtaking :-) I jest, but there have been some serious accidents involving people riding the wrong way round and pulling into the path of fast riders.

Hope you fall in love with cycling like i did :-)
Old Sep 28th 2016, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Its been open for a few months and is THE ideal place for the new cyclists.

If riding, please follow the signs (its a one way track) and keep right unless overtaking :-) I jest, but there have been some serious accidents involving people riding the wrong way round and pulling into the path of fast riders.

Hope you fall in love with cycling like i did :-)
Thanks SHED. I hadn't realised this cycling track existed until I saw an advert for it on my FB news feed a couple of days ago.
I actually do cycle in the gym (I usually do between 25-30km) on the bike, but I suspect it will be very different to cycling on a track/on the streets
Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it will be very different to cycling on a track/on the streets
Yeah, its a lot harder to get your cigarette lit outside....
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Yeah, its a lot harder to get your cigarette lit outside....
I don't smoke habibi only sheesha
Old Oct 10th 2016, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

so I went last Friday to the cycling track.....first time on an actual bike in over 2 decades....and holy cr*p was that hard....in the gym I clock between 25km-30km which takes me 50-60ms (I usually do 1km in 2 mins).....I did 2 laps of the track (16.8km) which took me 55ms!! But it was fun.....lovely views as you are cycling around the track.
Old Oct 10th 2016, 6:38 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

so I went last Friday to the cycling track.....first time on an actual bike in over 2 decades....and holy cr*p was that hard....in the gym I clock between 25km-30km which takes me 50-60ms (I usually do 1km in 2 mins).....I did 2 laps of the track (16.8km) which took me 55ms!! But it was fun.....lovely views as you are cycling around the track.
Glad you enjoyed it and please trust me that the more you cycle, the easier it will feel. Also, consider having your bike fitted properly as this will help you to avoid any injuries in the short and medium term :-)
Old Oct 10th 2016, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad you enjoyed it and please trust me that the more you cycle, the easier it will feel. Also, consider having your bike fitted properly as this will help you to avoid any injuries in the short and medium term :-)
Thanks SHED, for now I am just hiring a bike....I'll continue to go every Friday (Inshallaah) and then will look into the possibility of buying a bike....my only gripe about buying a bike is having to transport it to and from the track....a bike will not fit in the back of my 2 door car
Old Oct 10th 2016, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

And always keep the saddle on
Old Oct 10th 2016, 8:25 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Thanks SHED, for now I am just hiring a bike....I'll continue to go every Friday (Inshallaah) and then will look into the possibility of buying a bike....my only gripe about buying a bike is having to transport it to and from the track....a bike will not fit in the back of my 2 door car
?? I have a two door convertible. I just remove the wheels (very simple job).
Old Oct 10th 2016, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

?? I have a two door convertible. I just remove the wheels (very simple job).
yeah I guess that is an option
Old Oct 10th 2016, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

KJinDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

How much is the bike hire BTW?
Old Oct 10th 2016, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KJinDoha
How much is the bike hire BTW?
AED 50 for 3 hrs
Old Oct 10th 2016, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, shouldn't get easier...you just get quicker if you're trying hard enough!
Old Oct 11th 2016, 2:30 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Pongo
Hmmm, shouldn't get easier...you just get quicker if you're trying hard enough!
I stand corrected, it will gradually feel easier for the same distance at the same speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.