cycling

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 8:57 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cycling

Originally Posted by mission
Many thanks SHED, very much appreciate your feedback.
Re the wrist/palm pain - the wrists actually aren't so bad (coz I do bounce fit during the week we do a lot of exercises using the wrists and so my wrists have definitely gotten stronger), I suspect because my hands aren't use to gripping something for almost an hr, the wrists just need to get use to the positioning.
The palms of my hands are the killer. The first time I cycled around the Nad Al Sheba track it was agony (they became very red) and even the next day there were fairly sore.
This time around, they were painful but the soreness wasn't there the next day and so hopefully palms are also getting a little stronger. But I will definitely make sure the weight distribution between backside and hands is a little more even, as you have suggested - that would have never occurred to me and so thank you for that tip
I'm booked for next fri at 5pm and my bounce fit trainer is also going to join me and so hopefully having someone else to cycle around with will help me focus off the pain
Take it in turns to ride up front. Takes 20-30% less power when you're following close behind someone.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cycling

Originally Posted by TheShed
Take it in turns to ride up front. Takes 20-30% less power when you're following close behind someone.
Thanks