CV Classics

Old May 31st 2012, 8:11 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CV Classics

So I have messaged them both about salary expectations, One guy expects $5000 a month plus accom plus his bonus..............He lives in Jordan and isn't working. They must get ******* good dole money there.

I am now down to 1/68. Quite tempted to find an expat brat.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Dean
PLEASE tell me you are not insisting on a degree for that job...........???
Only an MBA (Means Bugger All!)
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Only an MBA (Means Bugger All!)
Or a MASTERS...........

(Moderate Achiever Still Trying the Educational Route to Success)
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Just been looking through CVs for recruiters to work for us.

Instantly deleted the first because they claimed to be a "Talent Broker".

God help me
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Just been looking through CVs for recruiters to work for us.

Instantly deleted the first because they claimed to be a "Talent Broker".

God help me
better than being a 'Broken Rattle' I guess...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Each to their own. Followed swiftly by delete...(unless the CV was quality).

Most of you must be able to skim down a CV in 3-4 seconds and say yes - read more or no, delete.
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just read this

I wouldn't normally send my photo with a CV but my Arab friends in the Gulf said that Arab recruiters like to see one, so I've been sending one (albeit reluctantly) with my apps lol. I dislike the thought of my pic being judged though!

I guess though that when sending CVs to recruitment consultants in the Gulf, who most likely employ Western staff, I'd be best to miss off the pic!

Saff
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just read this

I wouldn't normally send my photo with a CV but my Arab friends in the Gulf said that Arab recruiters like to see one, so I've been sending one (albeit reluctantly) with my apps lol. I dislike the thought of my pic being judged though!

I guess though that when sending CVs to recruitment consultants in the Gulf, who most likely employ Western staff, I'd be best to miss off the pic!

Saff
I recently had an unsolicited CV from a South African lady.......... she sent her photo as well - a swimsuit photo............
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I recently had an unsolicited CV from a South African lady.......... she sent her photo as well - a swimsuit photo............
You employed her then?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You employed her then?
On a fixed-duration contract. 1 hour.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
You employed her then?
Yes and no - she doesn't work here, but she does run the occasional errand for me..........
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
On a fixed-duration contract. 1 hour.
for what scope of work?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Millhouse
for what scope of work?
She failed the 'proof of concept' test.........
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Respected sir,

Objective : Seek the position of Driver Remarkably talented with huge years of GCC experience in providing top quality service to company's customers.

Professional Experience

Driving License : GCC Valid Motor Vehicles License.

Joining period : Immediately.

Present location : India.

Yours sincerely,
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Respected sir,

Objective : Seek the position of Driver Remarkably talented with huge years of GCC experience in providing top quality service to company's customers.

Professional Experience

Yours sincerely,
Full marks for minimalisation, though.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 1:04 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Respected sir,

Professional Experience

Yours sincerely,
Better than many applications I see. Although I'd drop him a mark or two for using "sincerely" and "sir".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.