Curry Houses & Boozers

Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curry Houses & Boozers

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
That's fair enough then, each to their own at the end of the day, food is subjective. There has been a few complaints about the dishes being watery but I think that has been resolved now.
Im going to have a sit in soon. I tried the takeaway and it was okish at best.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:42 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

and? that is what he told me?
perhaps hes not as familiar with food as he should be was my point
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:49 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

wrong again but if it makes you feel better so be it.

I am genuinely curious as to what is in it for you when you promote these places, if not the odd free pakora thrown in
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

That's fair enough then, each to their own at the end of the day, food is subjective. There has been a few complaints about the dishes being watery but I think that has been resolved now.
I've eaten in a couple of times and thought it was good even though he did bring out the Pataks base sauce and said this is what he uses! It was the best british style curry I have had in Dubai but when I was back in the UK a couple of weeks later my local curry house was far superior.

We did get a take away about 2 weeks ago and the chicken tikka masala was not good at all.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I like Curry Box.

It's curry. It's tasty enough....and it's delivered in a box.

Cool or what?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I like Curry Box.

Cool or what?
It does the job.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I've eaten in a couple of times and thought it was good even though he did bring out the Pataks base sauce and said this is what he uses! It was the best british style curry I have had in Dubai but when I was back in the UK a couple of weeks later my local curry house was far superior.

We did get a take away about 2 weeks ago and the chicken tikka masala was not good at all.
that's a shocker. I'm not shocked by the use of the sauce, more how they managed make the korma on BC's website look like vomit when it came from a jar.

Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
how they managed make the korma on BC's website look like vomit when it came from a jar.

it takes a special talent akin to “I only know food, it’s all I can do”

Bit of a cheap shot really but that's the kind of petty mean spirited guy I am
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:37 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I am genuinely curious as to what is in it for you when you promote these places, if not the odd free pakora thrown in
Me too actually, is it just to keep busy or is there some other reason.

What do the restaurants think they are getting out of it?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

In fairness to BlueCat I've read some of her stuff and been tempted to try some off the back of what she's written.

Weasel; you're just jealous that your book doesn't get you free cuzza!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

there is nothing in it for me, I like the guy who owns the place, we pop in their once a week or so, we enjoy the food.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:09 am
banned

there is nothing in it for me, I like the guy who owns the place, we pop in their once a week or so, we enjoy the food.
Does he give you a portion of his special sauce?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I like Curry Box.

Cool or what?
the packaging is great as is the food at Curry Box, have you tried Bunny's Tandoori it's in JLT
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:16 am
Knee deep and rising

Weasel; you're just jealous that your book doesn't get you free cuzza!
It exorcised some demons and that was enough for me. The free curry is a benefit I will have to forgo at the moment.

Mind you I am sure there is some space left for another Dubai food blog, there aren't too many of them

Hmmm a blog...
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Does he give you a portion of his special sauce?
Judging by the picture, it was drizzled on her korma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.