Curry Houses & Boozers

Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:59 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Curry Houses & Boozers

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and it's huge!
Never eaten there though, what's the nose-bag like - or is that a wait and see?

What on earth made you trek all the way up there btw?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Never eaten there though, what's the nose-bag like - or is that a wait and see?

What on earth made you trek all the way up there btw?
I didn't eat there, the Indian place had been recommended to me a few times, I was doing a favour for a friend so to say.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:18 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't eat there, the Indian place had been recommended to me a few times, I was doing a favour for a friend so to say.
BC - just curious - have you ever given a bad (read - accurate / critical) review of any of your independently reviewed outlets (clients)?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
BC - just curious - have you ever given a bad (read - accurate / critical) review of any of your independently reviewed outlets (clients)?
http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/red-lobster/

there are a few others as well such as Shake Shack which I thought was deplorable. There is a new Asian place in MOE that sells overpriced rice. There was one place in JLT that was that bad I refused to write a review about it, the owner didn't seem at all bothered when I pointed out the food was inedible.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:58 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

George and Dragon are pictured in Time Out I noticed.

Dubai's best old school boozers
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix
George and Dragon are pictured in Time Out I noticed.

Dubai's best old school boozers
It must be at least ten years since I went to the George and Dragon
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

lol. It depends on the quality of the 'gift'
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The problems the guy behind the Kuwait based 248AM blog got imbroiled in suggest it's not the wisest move you can make to announce very publicly that you've had a duff meal.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

there are a few others as well such as Shake Shack which I thought was deplorable.
I quite like Shake Shack @ Delma Mall.

Crinkle cut chips are brilliant and the dog was fine. Didn't fancy a shake
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I quite like Shake Shack @ Delma Mall.

Crinkle cut chips are brilliant and the dog was fine. Didn't fancy a shake
Milk shakes, particularly chocolate milk shakes, are only any good if you dump about half out and replace it with brandy. Then milk shakes are much more entertaining....
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Millhouse
lol. It depends on the quality of the 'gift'

Originally Posted by OleJanx
The problems the guy behind the Kuwait based 248AM blog got imbroiled in suggest it's not the wisest move you can make to announce very publicly that you've had a duff meal.
exactly, and if I remember rightly he didn't go overboard with his review it just all got out of hand. If I hear about a restaurant that is a bit naff why on earth would I want to spend my cash on visiting it just so I could give my readers a bad review? Had a disappointing experience which I will be writing about next week.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:17 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

It must be at least ten years since I went to the George and Dragon
Been a few times since I moved here, but was always the first place to visit when berthed in Dubai. After the seamans mission of course
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

http://www.facebook.com/thehuddlers

Was at this place today at the CityMax Hotel Bur Dubai, great sized sports bar with some good package deals on drinks and food. Thursday nights all you can eat and drink from 9 til midnight 159 dhs
Just back from a night at city max in barsha - cheap as chips and good band -although it never fails to put me in mind of a slightly dodgy holiday inn!
Old Aug 24th 2013, 5:45 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by silversilver
Just back from a night at city max in barsha - cheap as chips and good band -although it never fails to put me in mind of a slightly dodgy holiday inn!
I haven't been to the Al Barsha branch
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

for real Indian food you have to eat in Karama/Bur dubai, superb & well priced too - probably around half of what you'll pay in new Dubai.

it also depends on what sort of Indian food you like (South Indian, North etc).

For licensed Indians, I agree with Ushna at the Madinat, Indigo in Grosvenor House and the one which has won best Indian a few years with time Out which is in the 4 points sheraton in Bur Dubai (noisy & has dancers etc!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.