Counterfeit Goodies!

Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Counterfeit Goodies!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you can get them in Carrefour! vile
fake crocs, omg what is the world coming to...

i totally don't get the fake bag/watch/clothes thing...

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

andyjock will become famous soon enoughandyjock will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by commander
a celtic strip....

The new celtic away top...
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

saas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
Try Karama - but didn't they crack down on fake goods last year?

Also the old gold souk in Diera - just walk up and down, you'll have loads of people asking "fake watch, bag sir" etc.
The crack downs are every day...but how successful they are, i have no idea. Ok this Karama place? Where?

Tried gold souk...aint that great, mostly ordinary stuff, no bling bling, but branded.

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Don't forget Dragon Mart
Okto thats the first place i tried on Monday...didnt find anything fancy!

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
There's a sports clothing store in Karama with a wall that slides open to reveal a completely different store behind it full of fake designer handbags, wallets, shoes, purses, watches, sunglasses, "Mont Blanc" pens etc.

It's a bit tricky to find though as it's on one of the back streets rather than in one of the main squares.
Noted...Maybe u can name the sports shop in private mssg

Originally Posted by MataHari
I still don't understand properly why you'd want to own fake stuff...
either buy the real thing or just go for something nice off the highstreet shops that you can actually afford...
Mata im not friendly with the RECESSION, perfect excuse not to buy authentic gifts....I'll tell u what, u can actually pick up really good copies esp. in sunglasses, pens (though the cartridges are a give-away), wallets, purses & belts. Only problem is so far in the UAE, unlike whitechapel in London, the quality of "fake" is poor and too much attention is given to branding with ludicrous colour combinations and materials which no way resemble the real thing...oh and youll neva find a designer brand in my wardrobe other then Christian Dior shirts and a couple of Suits.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saas
The crack downs are every day...but how successful they are, i have no idea. Ok this Karama place? Where?

Tried gold souk...aint that great, mostly ordinary stuff, no bling bling, but branded.

Okto thats the first place i tried on Monday...didnt find anything fancy!

Noted...Maybe u can name the sports shop in private mssg

Mata im not friendly with the RECESSION, perfect excuse not to buy authentic gifts....I'll tell u what, u can actually pick up really good copies esp. in sunglasses, pens (though the cartridges are a give-away), wallets, purses & belts. Only problem is so far in the UAE, unlike whitechapel in London, the quality of "fake" is poor and too much attention is given to branding with ludicrous colour combinations and materials which no way resemble the real thing...oh and youll neva find a designer brand in my wardrobe other then Christian Dior shirts and a couple of Suits.
get a cab and ask the driver to take you to the shopping market at karama.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Directions to Karama to find the goodies -

Come off Trade Centre roundabout and head towards Bur Dubai/karama. At the "sana" junction (You'll see a sandy coloured building called Sana shopping) go straight through.

You'll now pass some shops/car rental companies on your right and go under the Metro work - at the next big set of traffic lights, take a right. Go straight all the way down this road until you come to a set of traffic lights where you'll see Families Supermarket. Take a right there. go straight, you'll pass Lulu on your right hand side and come to a roundabout, go straight through that. Take your next left. Now your first right.

This is Fake Goodie Land - the shops are now on your left and right - personally I prefer the shops along the left hand side. Enjooooy!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

I was at the Liwa Date Festival on Monday and in the "traditional crafts tent" there was a hand made handbag with "DIOR" cross stitched on the front.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

saas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Directions to Karama to find the goodies -

Come off Trade Centre roundabout and head towards Bur Dubai/karama. At the "sana" junction (You'll see a sandy coloured building called Sana shopping) go straight through.

You'll now pass some shops/car rental companies on your right and go under the Metro work - at the next big set of traffic lights, take a right. Go straight all the way down this road until you come to a set of traffic lights where you'll see Families Supermarket. Take a right there. go straight, you'll pass Lulu on your right hand side and come to a roundabout, go straight through that. Take your next left. Now your first right.

This is Fake Goodie Land - the shops are now on your left and right - personally I prefer the shops along the left hand side. Enjooooy!!!!
Roadamonic mapping, NICEEE. Will definitely print this off for me next visit in the region.