British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Counterfeit Goodies! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/counterfeit-goodies-622404/)

saas Jul 27th 2009 6:56 pm

Counterfeit Goodies!

Which is the best place to pick up fake goods? Clothing, bags, wallets, +other accessories, etc etc etc.

Its that time of the yr...SEND GIFTS TO UK!!

MAV_DXB Jul 27th 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Counterfeit Goodies!

Try Karama - but didn't they crack down on fake goods last year?

Also the old gold souk in Diera - just walk up and down, you'll have loads of people asking "fake watch, bag sir" etc.

MacScot Jul 27th 2009 8:20 pm

Pattaya !

oktoberon Jul 27th 2009 8:37 pm

Don't forget Dragon Mart

Euc- Jul 27th 2009 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 7788921)
Don't forget Dragon Mart

No fake stuff there as far as I know, cheap shit, yes, but no fake omegas, rolex and gucci

Karama and most of the souks are your best bet

oktoberon Jul 27th 2009 8:44 pm

Speakee veeery slooowlee and they understandee ;)

Emerald_Eyes Jul 28th 2009 4:30 am

Originally Posted by saas (Post 7788705)
Which is the best place to pick up fake goods? Clothing, bags, wallets, +other accessories, etc etc etc.

Its that time of the yr...SEND GIFTS TO UK!!

There's a sports clothing store in Karama with a wall that slides open to reveal a completely different store behind it full of fake designer handbags, wallets, shoes, purses, watches, sunglasses, "Mont Blanc" pens etc.

It's a bit tricky to find though as it's on one of the back streets rather than in one of the main squares.

lionheart Jul 28th 2009 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7789825)
There's a sports clothing store in Karama with a wall that slides open to reveal a completely different store behind it full of fake designer handbags, wallets, shoes, purses, watches, sunglasses, "Mont Blanc" pens etc.

It's a bit tricky to find though as it's on one of the back streets rather than in one of the main squares.

Are you trying to put them out of business? For all we know the OP may be a CID troll simply digging for info.

Emerald_Eyes Jul 28th 2009 5:37 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7789866)
Are you trying to put them out of business? For all we know the OP may be a CID troll simply digging for info.

Yes, my mistake, I've led CID straight to their door by the fact that I said it's on a back street in Karama :rolleyes:

Spugsy Jul 28th 2009 5:41 am

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 7788712)
Try Karama - but didn't they crack down on fake goods last year?

Also the old gold souk in Diera - just walk up and down, you'll have loads of people asking "fake watch, bag sir" etc.

aye i had a friend over last week, she went to the old gold souk and went up some lifts, through some weird doorways etc until she got to a room full of fake bags and stuff.

MataHari Jul 28th 2009 5:46 am

I still don't understand properly why you'd want to own fake stuff...
either buy the real thing or just go for something nice off the highstreet shops that you can actually afford...

Spugsy Jul 28th 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7789960)
I still don't understand properly why you'd want to own fake stuff...
either buy the real thing or just go for something nice off the highstreet shops that you can actually afford...

I guess if a bag is worth £1k and you can get a passable fake for £50 then plenty of people would.

commander Jul 28th 2009 5:55 am

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 7788921)
Don't forget Dragon Mart

they do lovely underwear apparantly...very sexy, just what every wife would love...

MataHari Jul 28th 2009 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7789972)
I guess if a bag is worth £1k and you can get a passable fake for £50 then plenty of people would.

it certainly seems that way...
I'd just rather have a nice 'no brand' bag for that money...

Spugsy Jul 28th 2009 5:57 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7789977)
it certainly seems that way...
I'd just rather have a nice 'no brand' bag for that money...

true enough, but plebty of girls out there want designer stuff, they all want to be like paris hilton and all the WAGs you see...