Corona Tips

Old Apr 12th 2020, 6:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Corona Tips

I thought about sticking this in with the skills one but thought there might be more to share here.

Any tips, any ideas, wins, intel on local changes / services, anything. We've all had a lot of these and some are obvious (like my last one) but worth reminding ourselves about....so please share...here are a couple from me:

Food: As of yesterday, Kibsons is about an 8day delivery. Getting into our normal cycle means ordering on Friday (for the usual Saturday food shop).... to receive the following week. It's nice to be back in a cycle, we were juggling deliveries all over the shop before and pulling together dinners from an odd selection of ingredients. Fun, but doesn't appeal to my desire for organisation and minimising waste.

Clothes: This is ****ing genius from me. Genuinely. Start wearing clothes from the bottom of the drawer, bottom of the pile, back of the cupboard. I've found 4 t-shirts last week that I really like and never wear as they're at the bottom. I also pulled two on that I've decided are to be sold / donated. By the end of lockdown I'm determined to have done this with my top clothing categories: pants, t-shirts, shorts. I'll try trousers too but the idea is to wear it all day and see if it's comfy, well fitting or just something you don't really want / need any more. At the end of lockdowns and when suitable / appropriate could sell at a flea market or donate. Life changing.

Cleaning: I'm trying to do a bit every day just to keep on top of it. Spray the bathroom, do some work, go back and wipe shit down (makes me wonder why maids need 4 hours for our place if I'm honest). Also, fudge me does the kitchen go from bliss to a bad day in Bosnia quickly. Dishwasher is permanently on and the bastard bin just forever needs emptying. Quick blast of jobs to break up work is a good way of handling that business.

Work: We're trying to find / fix at least a 30min lunch together. So we can stop and catch up and get away from the desk. Haven't managed a fixed end of day time yet - both of us are busy and it's not really a time of life to be cutting off at 5pm in my opinion. Being properly busy with proper work is demonstrating value.

Permit: In case anyone hasn't done it yet, easier to do on your phone and screenshot the response when it comes through.

Deliveries: Check with the company if they're still delivering and if bigger price item and available, pick the option to pay on delivery (card / cash). That way you aren't chasing refunds from unscrupulous, lying major retailers for weeks before finally winning by emailing every senior person you can find on Linkedin. What?

Who else got some tips and tricks?

Old Apr 12th 2020, 7:45 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corona Tips

Been on total lockdown here in Italy since March 9th and I am quite honestly sick of cooking and cleaning.
I'm rebuilding son's Lego kits so that when this is all over, he can hopefully sell them on and put the money towards driving school / driving lessons. It's not easy now that all the pieces are jumbled up and not in neatly numbered bags.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:00 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

This has been the best 3 months of my life... No weddings to attend, no kids birthday parties, no graduation ceremonies, no doctor visits, no obligatory visits to friends and famlies houses.. Nothing

A mask, sunglasses and a Sox cap... And nobody even knows i'm there

Old Jul 25th 2020, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at my mate's boss's site, I've met this guy a few times and he's a typical Scot, doesn't do bs etc.

He's talking about TCP btw but can't mention it.

A Survivors Story – Recovery from Covid-19
Old Jul 25th 2020, 7:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Take a look at my mate's boss's site, I've met this guy a few times and he's a typical Scot, doesn't do bs etc.

He's talking about TCP btw but can't mention it.

A Survivors Story – Recovery from Covid-19
But it's just like a bit of flu....