Champions of Europe!

Old May 22nd 2008, 6:10 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Champions of Europe!

Originally Posted by twistopher
Managed by a Scotsman, penalty saved by a Dutchman!!!
Just shows you, they cannae dae wi'oot us......
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Which TV channel did you watch the match on?

I thought it would have been on Al Jazeera Sports +1 but it wasn't, and I couldn't find any channel out of about 200+ on my top box showing it.

I eventually found BBC World Radio service on the TV - so had to listen to the game instead.
was on ART - on Orbit
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Just shows you, they cannae dae wi'oot us......
just as long as you are not on the pitch!
not a single sweaty in either team.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Thats because we arent gonna train you how AND show you how..... Sheesh.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
most Man U fans live in Laaandon, real Mancunians tend to support Man City dont they?
Not true at all IMHO - a myth perpetrated by the ABU brigade. In my experience around Manchester, there are slightly more Utd fans than City. There were some season ticket holder post code statistics I saw a few years back (honest!) showing this.

It's just that Man Utd are a major club, in recent years a world club, so they attract supporters from far and wide. Not just for their success (although I admit there are a few 'Johnny come latelys') but more importantly, for their trademark flair, attacking and skillful football, win or lose.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Not true at all IMHO - a myth perpetrated by the ABU brigade. In my experience around Manchester, there are slightly more Utd fans than City. There were some season ticket holder post code statistics I saw a few years back (honest!) showing this.

It's just that Man Utd are a major club, in recent years a world club, so they attract supporters from far and wide. Not just for their success (although I admit there are a few 'Johnny come latelys') but more importantly, for their trademark flair, attacking and skillful football, win or lose.
Which you can put down to the Aberdeen-trained managerial maestro, Sir AF....

See how it all comes back to a Scotsman???
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agree totally. I may not be from manchester but I'm not from far away and had to put up with glory hunting liverpool fans throughout my earlier years. Of course back then nobody went on about Liverpool fans not coming from that sh#thole of a city.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

he got fed up of the lack of talent north of the border and moved south to manage real players.
Can't imagine Fergie wasting his time in the Scottish Pointless League

the initials of the governing body of scottish football say everything that is interesting about Sweaties Football

SFA!
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

This Utd tradition for flair football pre-dates Sir Alex. I'm sure there is a Scottish connection of sorts for nearly every club in the various leagues - top and bottom.

It is a team effort, and as pointed out above, in terms of English players, and home country players (including our good friends the Scots ), Utd is better than many other clubs.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

was on ART - on Orbit
aye with john burridge and joe the giy who presents it, thats who I play footy with at safa park. I liked Budgies take on Drogba 'He shold have knocked his teeth out, might as well get sent off for that really rather than a girly slap"
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

was fletcher in the squad?
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:50 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

... Utd is better than many other clubs.
Especially so when you consider the sheer amount of money (squillions) thrown at such a club, including Russian money for Chelsea. Of course you'll get the best players.

The French press are pissed of with the rich clubs and the way the game is going - and the fact that it was two rich English teams that were in the final.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye with john burridge and joe the giy who presents it, thats who I play footy with at safa park. I liked Budgies take on Drogba 'He shold have knocked his teeth out, might as well get sent off for that really rather than a girly slap"
if the other players hadn't held back Vidic i'm sure he would have knocked every tooth out of Drogba's mouth.

unfortunately on ART at the Underground they had it on the Arabic commentary.
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MacScot
Especially so when you consider the sheer amount of money (squillions) thrown at such a club, including Russian money for Chelsea. Of course you'll get the best players.

The French press are pissed of with the rich clubs and the way the game is going - and the fact that it was two rich English teams that were in the final.
and rightly so, chelsea and man u have a total debt between them of £1.5b, thats unbelievable.
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

if the other players hadn't held back Vidic i'm sure he would have knocked every tooth out of Drogba's mouth.

unfortunately on ART at the Underground they had it on the Arabic commentary.
it was arabic in the first half, which was a bit stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.