British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Champions of Europe! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/champions-europe-538021/)

Inselaffen May 21st 2008 10:48 pm

Champions of Europe!

for the Bangleman, LH and the other ABU's on the bored. Here is the moment that brought the Cup back to Old Trafford again :)

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp...4004732107.jpg

Inselaffen May 21st 2008 10:54 pm

Re: Champions of Europe!

and here's one of a rather sad arrogant German :D

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp.../894721011.jpg

benzonar May 21st 2008 10:56 pm

i have never danced with so may men before, my Salford Lads club t-shirt did me proud tonight. :D:thumbsup:

Inselaffen May 21st 2008 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 6377644)
i have never danced with so may men before, my Salford Lads club t-shirt did me proud tonight. :D:thumbsup:

The Underground Pub, home of the Dubai Liverpool Fan Club, was jammed full and 90pct United tonight. Even sweeter to watch them win it in a Vermin Pub :thumbsup:

it was not good for my heart though!

Madam Medusa May 22nd 2008 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6377609)
for the Bangleman, LH and the other ABU's on the bored. Here is the moment that brought the Cup back to Old Trafford again :)

what's an ABU...??

MM, xx

twinkle-star May 22nd 2008 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6378390)
what's an ABU...??

MM, xx

Its a secret ;)

MataHari May 22nd 2008 4:49 am

so who won...or don't we know yet...

snowbunny May 22nd 2008 4:53 am

look, it's a ManU cloggie who saved the day....

The Dean May 22nd 2008 4:53 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6378434)
so who won...or don't we know yet...

Nobody won, MH - it was a 1-1 draw.

The crap-shoot at the end isn't football, so it doesn't count.

And by the way - when it's such an important event (WC Final, Euro final, Champs Lge final etc), what's wrong with a good old-fashioned REPLAY? It's not as if there are 'other matches' to be squeezed in.

MataHari May 22nd 2008 4:53 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6378437)
look, it's a ManU cloggie who saved the day....

what's new...

snowbunny May 22nd 2008 4:58 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6378440)
Nobody won, MH - it was a 1-1 draw.

The crap-shoot at the end isn't football, so it doesn't count.

You wouldn't happen to be a Chelsea supporter?

The Dean May 22nd 2008 5:02 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6378445)
You wouldn't happen to be a Chelsea supporter?

No I'm not (how dare you?). The Bangle and others who know my affiliations will confirm that, for MY team, the chance even to appear in and LOSE a Champs League final is a dream never to come true......... we did win the League Cup 20 years ago though.

I stand by my comment - when England v Portugal reached the shoot-out stage in the 2006 WC, I walked out of the bar. No point after that - doesn't matter whether you win or lose in a shoot-out. Never liked them, never will.........

arbroath_abroad May 22nd 2008 5:08 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6378455)
I stand by my comment - when England v Portugal reached the shoot-out stage in the 2006 WC, I walked out of the bar. No point after that .........

plus it was a foregone conclusion that Engerland would lose the said penalty shootout....

I understand why they are used to bring a match to a conclusion, but it is no way to lose. very very hard to take..

Entertaining for the neutral, great for TV but for the sport, players and fans of the teams involved it is NO way to lose such an important competition.

snowbunny May 22nd 2008 5:11 am

Calm down.....

I don't support either team, but I did think it must have been a nice consolation prize to the Mancunians who had their city trashed by Rangers "fans."

I watched that same England/Portugal match at the pub and it was a bitter ending, but a loss none the less. Since the match went over time, I even got a parking ticket for my troubles (meter expired).

arbroath_abroad May 22nd 2008 5:16 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 6378483)
Calm down.....

I don't support either team, but I did think it must have been a nice consolation prize to the Mancunians who had their city trashed by Rangers "fans."

I watched that same England/Portugal match at the pub and it was a bitter ending, but a loss none the less. Since the match went over time, I even got a parking ticket for my troubles (meter expired).

most Man U fans live in Laaandon, real Mancunians tend to support Man City dont they?

Manchester was hardly 'trashed' now was it? I understand that exaggerating the truth is a texan trait but jeez....

Looking at this photo, im surprised there wasnt major injuries..