Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Carving out a new identity?

Carving out a new identity?

Old Jun 21st 2018, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Carving out a new identity?

Looks like Saudi is moving ahead with plans to turn Qatar into an island. I guess this means the blockade is getting more and more permanent.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Zubinho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carving out a new identity?

Not too long ago they were talking about building a bridge/causeway to connect Abu Dhabi and Qatar to bypass Saudi...
Old Jun 21st 2018, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the canal zone would be set aside for a planned nuclear waste facility
They're not happy are they!
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mental.

Just utterly mental. Sometimes people need to stop, step back and have a serious think.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
They're not happy are they!
Good grief, I missed that in the article!
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's brilliant. Go Team KSA.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 9:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Bellends dont realize they're doing us a massive favour. When KSA runs out of money to keep the natives in check Qatar then has 200m of defense the retards won't be able to pass - Brilliant

Coupled with the business KSA has lost with exports here ones foot has been well and truly blown off.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 9:39 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Bellends dont realize they're doing us a massive favour. When KSA runs out of money to keep the natives in check Qatar then has 200m of defense the retards won't be able to pass - Brilliant

Coupled with the business KSA has lost with exports here ones foot has been well and truly blown off.
I have no figures to back it up, but I am 99.99999999% sure the economic agony to Qatar is many many times greater than the minor irritation to Saudi's economy. The loss of revenue to Qatar Airways alone must be very painful.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I have no figures to back it up, but I am 99.99999999% sure the economic agony to Qatar is many many times greater than the minor irritation to Saudi's economy. The loss of revenue to Qatar Airways alone must be very painful.
Qatar Airways, absolutely. I think something crazy like 80% of all imports here came from Saudi and thats hurting even them - certainly the businesses that have now lost a big market from construction materials, Food and dairy. I only know what I hear from Saudis and Qataris here but Its business as normal for everyone else here and some of the shite Ive heard reported by Emirati and KSA media about the situation is completely laughable. **** em.