British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Carving out a new identity? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/carving-out-new-identity-914147/)

fezzer Jun 21st 2018 5:48 am

Carving out a new identity?

Looks like Saudi is moving ahead with plans to turn Qatar into an island. I guess this means the blockade is getting more and more permanent.

Zubinho Jun 21st 2018 6:15 am

Re: Carving out a new identity?

Not too long ago they were talking about building a bridge/causeway to connect Abu Dhabi and Qatar to bypass Saudi...

IKnowNothing Jun 21st 2018 6:57 am

Part of the canal zone would be set aside for a planned nuclear waste facility
They're not happy are they!

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2018 7:34 am

Mental.

Just utterly mental. Sometimes people need to stop, step back and have a serious think.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2018 7:34 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12519822)
They're not happy are they!

Good grief, I missed that in the article!

Millhouse Jun 21st 2018 7:37 am

I think it's brilliant. Go Team KSA.

britexpat76 Jun 21st 2018 9:04 am

Bellends dont realize they're doing us a massive favour. When KSA runs out of money to keep the natives in check Qatar then has 200m of defense the retards won't be able to pass - Brilliant

Coupled with the business KSA has lost with exports here ones foot has been well and truly blown off.

TheShed Jun 21st 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12519906)
Bellends dont realize they're doing us a massive favour. When KSA runs out of money to keep the natives in check Qatar then has 200m of defense the retards won't be able to pass - Brilliant

Coupled with the business KSA has lost with exports here ones foot has been well and truly blown off.

I have no figures to back it up, but I am 99.99999999% sure the economic agony to Qatar is many many times greater than the minor irritation to Saudi's economy. The loss of revenue to Qatar Airways alone must be very painful.

britexpat76 Jun 21st 2018 10:00 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12519926)
I have no figures to back it up, but I am 99.99999999% sure the economic agony to Qatar is many many times greater than the minor irritation to Saudi's economy. The loss of revenue to Qatar Airways alone must be very painful.

Qatar Airways, absolutely. I think something crazy like 80% of all imports here came from Saudi and thats hurting even them - certainly the businesses that have now lost a big market from construction materials, Food and dairy. I only know what I hear from Saudis and Qataris here but Its business as normal for everyone else here and some of the shite Ive heard reported by Emirati and KSA media about the situation is completely laughable. **** em.