Car Auctions

Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Car Auctions

Morning all.
Anyone know anything about the car auctions here...Any good...proceedure...pitfalls....???
In the market for a new car and like the idea of a bargain!

Last edited by Max the Dog; Nov 25th 2009 at 4:53 am.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:05 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Auctions

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Morning all.
Anyone know anything about the car auctions here...Any good...proceedure...pitfalls....???
In the market for a new car and like the idea of a bargain!
Max, the Al Aweer auctions are reasonably well run with all services on site. The risk is, as always in this part of the world, the intention is to match world class standards but the delivery is sometimes lacking.

Here, it's very much buyer beware. Very little recourse should something be less than described. I'm pretty sure there are bargains to be had either at auction or at the dealers, at the dealers you have some recourse.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Max, the Al Aweer auctions are reasonably well run with all services on site. The risk is, as always in this part of the world, the intention is to match world class standards but the delivery is sometimes lacking.

Here, it's very much buyer beware. Very little recourse should something be less than described. I'm pretty sure there are bargains to be had either at auction or at the dealers, at the dealers you have some recourse.
...and what recourse would you have from a dealer here?! No speaky english when there is a problem I bet.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:21 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
...and what recourse would you have from a dealer here?! No speaky english when there is a problem I bet.
Guess that depends on the dealer. Most Main Dealers are Importers where, if you still can't get sorted, you can escalate direct to the manufacturer. Dubai has Regional Offices for most manufactures so it's easy to get face to face in extreme situations.

Still think the dealer offers a better chance of resolution than an auction, here or anywhere else in the world.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Guess that depends on the dealer. Most Main Dealers are Importers where, if you still can't get sorted, you can escalate direct to the manufacturer. Dubai has Regional Offices for most manufactures so it's easy to get face to face in extreme situations.

Still think the dealer offers a better chance of resolution than an auction, here or anywhere else in the world.
I do agree with you. It's just I can imagine that unless you are getting an approved used car from a main dealer then you have don't have much chance. I took a look at the junk sold on airport road in AD and it was very much sold as seen.

In the end I went for a private sale, still no recourse but at least you get some movement on price and can take a view on the guy selling it. (mine was a british guy who had been sent packing)
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:40 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Used Car Centre - Al Aweer AKA - The car Graveyard

www.goldenbellauctions.com

Most the repo cars from the banks are flogged here every week.