Call to Prayer Volume

Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Call to Prayer Volume

Anyone else noticed the volume of the call to prayer going up at an alarming scale?
We are in Umm Sequim and have 3 mosques close by.
Over the last few months the volume has increased dramatically and they are now also broadcasting the sermon after the call to prayer at 5.30am!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Call to Prayer Volume

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Anyone else noticed the volume of the call to prayer going up at an alarming scale?
We are in Umm Sequim and have 3 mosques close by.
Over the last few months the volume has increased dramatically and they are now also broadcasting the sermon after the call to prayer at 5.30am!
It's actually caused by the weather. The reduction in ambient humidity produces a commensurate increase in sonic amplitude.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
It's actually caused by the weather. The reduction in ambient humidity produces a commensurate increase in sonic amplitude.
I really want to argue with that. But can't.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:12 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

To be really pedantic, it is due to changes in air viscosity...
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help thinking they just turn the volume up now it's cold in the mornings and people want to stay in bed.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Its a pain....wakes the lad, us and all the neighborhood dogs, cats, goats and cocks...
And, since when has all the stuff after the call been broadcast??
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can't help thinking they just turn the volume up now it's cold in the mornings and people want to stay in bed.
They bought new speakers that go to 11.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:21 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If the volume is excessive, you can contact the Municipality to ask them to investigate as there are limits. In the first instance you could try speaking to the local iman and explaining that the volume has gone up of late and ask them to reduce it again. You'll probably get a better response if you can get a friendly local to ask for you though.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 2:36 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Meow's right. At least you haven't got the problem I have.

The two local Imams' are currently having a childish fight over who can be louder. Apparently several of the surrounding buildings management have complained about it.

Old Dec 13th 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Meow's right. At least you haven't got the problem I have.

The two local Imams' are currently having a childish fight over who can be louder. Apparently several of the surrounding buildings management have complained about it.

I've the same problem with the mosques outside my office. Two of them, having a go at who can drown each other out. fidiots.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:32 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I've the same problem with the mosques outside my office. Two of them, having a go at who can drown each other out. fidiots.
It's gotten to the point where they're both broadcasting Fajr as loud as possible. I think they've decided who ever gets the most complaints is winning. The management of all the affected buildings really need to get together and sort it out, otherwise they're going to find a lot of people moving out when it comes to rent renewal time.