Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

British teenager "not stabbed to death" – shock claim

Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default British teenager "not stabbed to death" – shock claim

(News Agencies Report):

A major controversy was erupting throughout the UK earlier today when it was claimed that nobody had been stabbed to death within the last 24 hours.

Radio phone-ins across the country were inundated with calls from people who said they had 'nothing to report'.

Mrs Elsie Bloggs, 78, of Tooting, South London said: "I went for a walk this morning but I didn't see any dead bodies. I was amazed. Even if there haven't been any stabbings, the least you normally expect to see is a young teenage girl who has been raped and strangled."

However a police spokesman vehemently denied the claim. "It is completely irresponsible to say that there have been no murders of teenagers within the last 24 hours", he said.

"This sort of non-alarmist talk could soon lull people into a false sense of security. Before you know it, a few misguided people will start going out without knives, and the ensuing nightmare is all too easy to imagine. I'm sure a few dead bodies will turn up somewhere soon – they just haven't been discovered yet. The public can rest assured that things will be back to normal tomorrow. Our advice is to behave normally and keep a knife concealed about your person whenever you leave the house."