Brilliant

Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brilliant

Originally Posted by norsk
Ah right. Never heard of this group of lunatics...

That's exactly what I find ridiculous mate, most people who call themselves atheists are actually anything but, they have just made a conscious decision not to sign up to any of the mainstream religions...being unreligious does not equal atheism!
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/artic...28/3202269.htm

worth a read really.

But being an atheist means nothing more than not being a theist. But I suppose it has moved from merely being a philosophical stance to a motivated and aggressive group. Personally, I identify mostly with being an anti-theist.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Serious note... life expectancy about 12 years less in India, colon cancer generally occurs later in life. I do not discount the head wiggle theory, I doubt many studies have been done.
Let science prevail, this is untested territory. I think you guys are onto something.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I would much rather have Alpha Male lions about the place than Taliban, butfeeding Taliban members to Alpha Male lions would be even better...
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:49 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/artic...28/3202269.htm

worth a read really.

But being an atheist means nothing more than not being a theist. But I suppose it has moved from merely being a philosophical stance to a motivated and aggressive group. Personally, I identify mostly with being an anti-theist.
I suppose there has always been two definitions of atheism;

1 - not part of any religion (people of this definition don't usually make a big deal out of being unbelievers other than laughing at those who think that going to church every Sunday or praying five times a day is going to help them get into 'heaven')

2 - total denial that there could possibly be a greater being of any description (and these people are usually actively involved in trying to convince others they are right). i guess the new atheists fall into this group...

Applying the logic of what religion is means that the second group are actually a religion...Weird..
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I suppose there has always been two definitions of atheism;

1 - not part of any religion (people of this definition don't usually make a big deal out of being unbelievers other than laughing at those who think that going to church every Sunday or praying five times a day is going to help them get into 'heaven')

2 - total denial that there could possibly be a greater being of any description (and these people are usually actively involved in trying to convince others they are right). i guess the new atheists fall into this group...

Applying the logic of what religion is means that the second group are actually a religion...Weird..
Yes, I think the new atheists are essentially just a very militant form of atheism particularly prevalent in America. It does make sense..a cruise down the new jersey turnpike is enough to get your blood boiling.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Yes, I think the new atheists are essentially just a very militant form of atheism particularly prevalent in America. It does make sense..a cruise down the new jersey turnpike is enough to get your blood boiling.
They're americans, have no idea about the real world and should all be shot.

(Not just the atheists, pretty much all septics).
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:10 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

So America is backwards because of religious beliefs, and militant because of the non believers? A few dozen of us belong somewhere in the middle.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

So America is backwards because of religious beliefs, and militant because of the non believers? A few dozen of us belong somewhere in the middle.
Do you have trouble reading? My assumption, as wild as it might appear, merely suggests that the rise of militant atheists is perhaps a product of a rather militant religious groups. My comment on the new jersey turnpike is but one example of the hideous billboards plastered across the country advocating all sorts of redemptions and religions as well as the denial of all said religions. They occasionally appear in london as well much to my disgust...atheist billboards that is. Does that help clear things up or do I need to spell it out again?

http://adultthought.ucsd.edu/culture...n_taliban.html
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:32 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have trouble reading? My assumption, as wild as it might appear, merely suggests that the rise of militant atheists is perhaps a product of a rather militant religious groups. My comment on the new jersey turnpike is but one example of the hideous billboards plastered across the country advocating all sorts of redemptions and religions as well as the denial of all said religions. They occasionally appear in london as well much to my disgust...atheist billboards that is. Does that help clear things up or do I need to spell it out again?

http://adultthought.ucsd.edu/culture...n_taliban.html
My apologies, I lumped you in with the all Americans are religious nuts crowd. A position you did not take.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

My apologies, I lumped you in with the all Americans are religious nuts crowd. A position you did not take.
Victimisation, an ugly trait in people I find.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:42 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

On a serious note, squatting whilst pooping is meant to decrease the likelihood of colon cancer. MIT have made a device which emulates the squatting position whilst sat on a toilet. Out of curiosity, I googled colon cancer occurrences around the world. My hypothesis was based on an assumption that india has the highest amount of people who squat when pooping. Though my search results might be flawed, India has troubles recording all cases due to a poor health service, but on average, the occurrence of colon cancer in india is low. So I wouldn't laugh at this rather ridiculous proposition at all.
Maybe it has something to do with permanently having the shits? A clean flow must be better than a sludgy bitumen poop or a big solid meaty eye waterer??
Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Quality post that was, saw it on a few people's facebook feeds after.

I don't see anything wrong with militant atheism. At least it provides a debate.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:56 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Quality post that was, saw it on a few people's facebook feeds after.

I don't see anything wrong with militant atheism. At least it provides a debate.
Other than the examples of terrorism I agree with you that they probably are harmless fools (like other religious folk tend to be).

There are some funny stories as well though. The American Atheists (I think) sued NYC as there is a massive steel cross in the Ground Zero Memorial. Part of their case was that they claimed this had led to numerous suicides and spontaneous vomiting in the vicinity of the memorial...WTF?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Other than the examples of terrorism I agree with you that they probably are harmless fools (like other religious folk tend to be).

There are some funny stories as well though. The American Atheists (I think) sued NYC as there is a massive steel cross in the Ground Zero Memorial. Part of their case was that they claimed this had led to numerous suicides and spontaneous vomiting in the vicinity of the memorial...WTF?
I'm talking more about the non-nutcase Richard Dawkins types. The people that debate and argue against religion without acting like complete knobheads day in day out.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the examples of terrorism, brainwashing, denial of science, assisting the spread of AIDS, sectarianism, covering up kiddy-fiddling and wearing very silly hats I agree with you that they probably are harmless fools (like other religious folk tend to be).
Embellished.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.