boston marathon

Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default boston marathon

Unreal. I'm in the states right now and we got a news alert in our office a D watched this unfold. I guess you guys are waking up to the news. Some pretty graphic footage captured as you can imagine the amount of cameras on the go at the finish line of the most iconic marathon in the world.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boston marathon

No it was all over the news last night.

Devices appear pretty homemade fertilizer, ballbearings which will have kept casualties down.

Don't know how I feel about wearing my new Adidas supernova Boston Marathon 2013 running shorts I picked up in Vegas last week!!

Gonna make a for a nervy London Marathon unfortunately.

This coupled with a 23 year old having a fatal heart attack at the Brighton marathon over the weekend too. Not good
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:05 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
Unreal. I'm in the states right now and we got a news alert in our office a D watched this unfold. I guess you guys are waking up to the news. Some pretty graphic footage captured as you can imagine the amount of cameras on the go at the finish line of the most iconic marathon in the world.
Aye, behind the Superbowl, this is the biggest annual sporting event in the US, media wise.

Surreal stuff as we used to live on the route of the marathon and know some folks who usually do the marathon. Luckily one was on holiday and another was injured and didn't race. Also have a few cousins who live in the area of the finish line, who were fine.

Crazy day.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:06 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible footage, so sad to see one of the dead was a young lad (I believe I read).

Saw a photo of police arresting a 'suspect' but I hope whoever is behind it is found.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Horrible footage, so sad to see one of the dead was a young lad (I believe I read).

Saw a photo of police arresting a 'suspect' but I hope whoever is behind it is found.
An 8 year old has been confirmed as one of the 3 dead according to Sky news this morning
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody claimed responsibility yet? Could be a redneck unhappy with all those Africans running? If Al Qaeda then they may have shot themselves in the foot again. If it was them, I'm thinking they should probably cancel Thatcher's funeral procession as it's a much more obvious political target and almost impossible to protect.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:35 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
Has anybody claimed responsibility yet? Could be a redneck unhappy with all those Africans running? If Al Qaeda then they may have shot themselves in the foot again. If it was them, I'm thinking they should probably cancel Thatcher's funeral procession as it's a much more obvious political target and almost impossible to protect.
London Marathon in a few days.

Theories and speculation at the moment from everywhere. I just hope the severely injured pull through.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:42 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's just some nutcase american. This gives the US the perfect excuse to go on the rampage again - especially in light of raised global tensions.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:57 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
I hope it's just some nutcase american. This gives the US the perfect excuse to go on the rampage again - especially in light of raised global tensions.
Oh god, that would be the best (wrong word, given the circumstances) scenario.

Linking to Middle Eastern terrorists or something will just inflame the shit storm.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It was Patriot's Day in Massachusetts yesterday, so I also hope it's a home grown one, although naturally within minutes there was all sorts of speculation.

Particularly rotten when you consider many of the runners were doing it for charity.

Last edited by Meow; Apr 16th 2013 at 6:08 am. Reason: usual crap typing
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I hoped crazed American, last night it was reported they had arrested a Saudi national (I didn't make that up)
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If it is Islamists and they received training in Pakistan , the US takes a hardline.

3 days from today is the 20 year anniversary of the seige on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco Tx.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
I hoped crazed American, last night it was reported they had arrested a Saudi national (I didn't make that up)
I read that at around 1am (UAE time), but it was discredited not long afterwards.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:19 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I read that at around 1am (UAE time), but it was discredited not long afterwards.
That was when I read it. Probably wrong place and time for him!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:41 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
That was when I read it. Probably wrong place and time for him!
Not a good time to be of Middle Eastern origin in Boston. You know how open-minded so many Americans can be...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.