boston marathon

Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boston marathon

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
thanks Bob - v kind of you, but no - he's got a tendency to sofa surf.....

his name didnt come up in the finder... so I'm / we're hoping he's just gone walkabout rather than turn up at the marathon...
No probs. Hope you hear from him soon!

As to the rant above, well, not even worth it really :/
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:03 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Helpful? - Not that surprising that there is no response! (Respect is commodity that has to be earned, it is never taken for granted!) AND HOW DARE YOU REFER TO ME IN THAT WAY! EXPECT THE LETTER FROM THE LAWYER!

Do not forget that we now have Policemen and Policewomen in the UK suing their employers!

Unfortunately the UK has followed the path of 'If there is Blame there is a Claim!'

Perhaps this should become a future Thread?
Tosser and wanker.

Edit: Oh, and you need to watch Hot Fuzz--we do not have policemen and policewomen in the UK. Can I just throw in tosser again?

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Apr 16th 2013 at 4:10 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

jackthehat can I suggest you take more water with it. You're confusing Bob with me, I'm ATC. And FYI ATC have nothing, zero, zip, zilch and nada to do with where the airlines choose to divert aircraft to nor baggage handling. Perhaps you're confusing the professional guys who use the radar to the guys with the orange ping pong bats, easy mistake to make.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not usually a google professor but in relation to this thread I'd like to chuck in this nugget as it expresses what I feel.

Patton Oswalt
Boston. F***ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this on the BBC website:

No further Boston threat, says FBI
The FBI says there are "no known additional threats" in Boston after the marathon bombing, and that no unexploded devices have been found.

Not sure if that's just the normal inept reporting of the BBC, or whether its compounded by the FBI: from what I've read, there was no known threat of the initial bombs, so its hardly comforting to know that the FBI don't know of any further threats.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:46 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Im just tired of it all, violence begets violence begets a**holes with drones begets a**holes with suicide vests begets a**holes that build walls begets more a**holes with more bombs ffs!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Just seen this on the BBC website:

No further Boston threat, says FBI
The FBI says there are "no known additional threats" in Boston after the marathon bombing, and that no unexploded devices have been found.

Not sure if that's just the normal inept reporting of the BBC, or whether its compounded by the FBI: from what I've read, there was no known threat of the initial bombs, so its hardly comforting to know that the FBI don't know of any further threats.
maybe it's a known unknown. Or maybe they knew...
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

Radcliff states the bleeding obvious:
Paula Radcliffe says spectators at the London Marathon will need to be more aware of security following the bombing of the Boston Marathon on Monday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/22173098
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Radcliff states the bleeding obvious:
Paula Radcliffe says spectators at the London Marathon will need to be more aware of security following the bombing of the Boston Marathon on Monday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/22173098
Well, in light of things, I can, to some extent see her point. On the other hand, it is rather like reminding the spectators to continue breathing in and out on a regular basis. As Mikewot says 'stating the bleeding obvious!' I'm pretty sure it did not need anyone to point it out....meh!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:54 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Pressure cooker devices ....used in Afghanistan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Last edited by Eva; Apr 16th 2013 at 7:55 pm. Reason: Link.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpn8MANhdLU
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:20 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

This is mentioned on the mail's site

Families looking for loved ones should call 617-635-4500
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
This is mentioned on the mail's site

Families looking for loved ones should call 617-635-4500
It's also mentioned above...post 22.

Jack the Hat didn't like it tho'...
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Just saw a really horrible photo on Twitter of a poor guy being taken away on a wheelchair with stumps of bone and flesh where his lower legs used to be.

And Boston is one of the more liberal places in The USA as well? Probably one of the last places over there that you would expect something like this to happen. My heart goes out to the poor dad who was running who's 8 year old son was killed, and his wife and daughter seriously injured.

The world is a f***ed up place right enough.......and some people are more worried about whether or not the mods have a right to comment? Words fail me...
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
As a 'Moderator' you are not here to express opinions! - You are here to 'Moderate' them. <snip>
Not only are you an idiot for most of the time, now you are being exceptionally rude. Moderators are also entitled to opinions, but you are not entitled to be so obnoxious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.