Wikiposts

bored in Bahrain

Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bored in Bahrain

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
the bar at the seaview hotel is...allegedly...

MM, xx
Do you mean the African bar? I went there one evening with a visiting friend and we were the only customers from 9-10pm...it doesn't get going until midnight, apparently.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Do you mean the African bar? I went there one evening with a visiting friend and we were the only customers from 9-10pm...it doesn't get going until midnight, apparently.
no, it's called the Marine Bar, i think...and has a filippina cover band who some people rave about...

MM, xx
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
no, it's called the Marine Bar, i think...and has a filippina cover band who some people rave about...

MM, xx
I prefer the Soundsations who play the Rattle Snake - apart from the fact that they have brilliant voices, any band that openly advertises itself as the one "with the gay Filipino lead singer" has a certain style......

....... he does a version of 'Unchain My Heart' that brings the place to a standstill........
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:03 am
Just Joined

danielcfdz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've travelled to Bahrain on four ocassions since 2004.....For entertainment I usually go to the Blue Elephant (a lively Colombian Band..) or Likwid (a Bahraini band last time I visited in 2006...) both bands churning out catchy salsa / merengue music......EVERYONE (including the Americans..) I met in these places were friendly...
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:09 pm
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danielcfdz
I've travelled to Bahrain on four ocassions since 2004.....For entertainment I usually go to the Blue Elephant (a lively Colombian Band..) or Likwid (a Bahraini band last time I visited in 2006...) both bands churning out catchy salsa / merengue music......EVERYONE (including the Americans..) I met in these places were friendly...
Hi - You're going to be sorely disappointed when you get here - The Blue Elephant has closed.

Still, there is always Trader Vics!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rog !!

No wonder the fellow is bored in Bahrain.....Trader Vic´s is a nice substitute although in my opinion a little classier than the Blue Elephant.

I just got my ticket so I'm all set to leave on Friday, 30th....I really really look forward to beginning a new period in boring Bahrain !!!=p...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back now
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:36 pm
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Rog !!

No wonder the fellow is bored in Bahrain.....Trader Vic´s is a nice substitute although in my opinion a little classier than the Blue Elephant.

I just got my ticket so I'm all set to leave on Friday, 30th....I really really look forward to beginning a new period in boring Bahrain !!!=p...
Good luck, the weather will be great when you get here - and the Traders Vic's cocktails will be potent.

Which Govt. Ministry will you be joining?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Hello Rog_Rams !

Electricity and Water...where the action is !...I've been doing work for them on a consultancy basis these past 3 years (thus my ocassional excursions into Blue Elephant.....).
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:49 pm
Greying Member

Hello Rog_Rams !

Electricity and Water...where the action is !...I've been doing work for them on a consultancy basis these past 3 years (thus my ocassional excursions into Blue Elephant.....).
Ah, the personal domain of Sh. Nawaf.

The very best of luck to you!