British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Big Birthday Bash...Ideas please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/big-birthday-bash-ideas-please-821412/)

co durham boy Jan 14th 2014 10:39 am

Re: Big Birthday Bash...Ideas please

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11077450)
Take her to the Panorama, seaview or York hotel for some 'sightseeing'?

She'll like that she's a lesbian ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 14th 2014 10:52 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11077660)
She'll like that she's a lesbian ;)

:rofl::rofl:

Now, two of them I know, but the Panorama - talk to me...

Bahtatboy Jan 14th 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11077679)

If I were being generous, I'd refer to the Seaview as intimate and engaging, the York akin to a cross between a battleship and an 80's disco, and the Paranormal as sweaty, heaving and, well...paranormal: most of the clientele are as ugly as the hookers.

co durham boy Jan 14th 2014 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11077679)

Opposite the Majestic Hotel in Bur Dubai . The bar on the left handside as you go in is called Jockeys .

Proper den of iniquity

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 14th 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11077684)
Opposite the Majestic Hotel in Bur Dubai . The bar on the left handside as you go in is called Jockeys .

Proper den of iniquity

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11077682)
If I were being generous, I'd refer to the Seaview as intimate and engaging, the York akin to a cross between a battleship and an 80's disco, and the Paranormal as sweaty, heaving and, well...paranormal: most of the clientele are as ugly as the hookers.

I MUST have been to this place.

The Dean Jan 14th 2014 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11077698)

Yes............. we have.............. :sneaky:

britexpat76 Jan 15th 2014 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11077698)

When I 1st went out to Dubai my mate booked me into the Pano. I arrived in Dubai thinking I wouldn't get a pint of strongbow or engage ladies for a while - Then I walked in Jockeys..................

NorthernLad Jan 15th 2014 9:34 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11079200)
When I 1st went out to Dubai my mate booked me into the Pano. I arrived in Dubai thinking I wouldn't get a pint of strongbow or engage ladies for a while - Then I walked in Jockeys..................

I had my stag weekend in Dubai and missed this one. Never been.

We did make it to Cyclone, a real eye-opener to some of the guys who thought Dubai was conservative.

britexpat76 Jan 15th 2014 9:39 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11079325)

We did make it to Cyclone, a real eye-opener to some of the guys who thought Dubai was conservative.

Eye opener is one way of looking at it............ To be fair to the place the patrons (expats) are a good bunch and made me feel welcome, it was happy hour 5-7 ish and cheap, 18 chips a pint? Worth an early doors few. Kix can tell you much more about it than I............

The Dean Jan 15th 2014 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11079325)

Ah............ Cyclone - gone to the great bar-graveyard in the sky, along with The Bunker, The Rattlesnake, The Red Lion, Waxy O'Connor's........... many others will come back to me if I think about it for long enough............

Talking of bars - if any of you knew Dave 'Growler' Pritchard (one of the great Dubai stalwarts who died last month) there will be a memorial drinks party at the George and Dragon (Ambassador Hotel, Bur Dubai) on Friday lunchtime, followed by a period of more sombre and understated mourning at..... er..... Fibber's as the day wears on...........

NorthernLad Jan 16th 2014 1:40 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11079909)
Ah............ Cyclone - gone to the great bar-graveyard in the sky, along with The Bunker, The Rattlesnake, The Red Lion, Waxy O'Connor's........... many others will come back to me if I think about it for long enough............

The Dhow and Anchor has had a big refurb - gone all modern with gastro food. At 48dh for a pint of Heineken I'll not be back.

And Go West replaced by Jamie Oliver? What a travesty.

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2014 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11080732)
The Dhow and Anchor has had a big refurb - gone all modern with gastro food. At 48dh for a pint of Heineken I'll not be back.

And Go West replaced by Jamie Oliver? What a travesty.

agree the alcohol price are crazy at D&A but the food is superb, we were there last week and our bill came to less than 400 dhs, no alcohol. Jamie Olivers, I liked, but the husband ordered a burger and it wasn't up too much.

The Dean Jan 16th 2014 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11081398)
agree the alcohol price are crazy at D&A but the food is superb, we were there last week and our bill came to less than 400 dhs, no alcohol. Jamie Olivers, I liked, but the husband ordered a burger and it wasn't up too much.

I think you mean 'it wasn't up to much'........... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bahtatboy Jan 16th 2014 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11081760)

Nah, it was all the cholesterol...

Blue Cat Jan 18th 2014 5:45 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 11081760)

oops that's what happens when you dash in for five mins!