Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Best and worst bars in Dubai

Best and worst bars in Dubai

Old Apr 13th 2013, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best and worst bars in Dubai

Originally Posted by mentalist
I would have thought that a blatantly gay Filipino bar might have been quite attractive for a group of western ladies trying to avoid getting hit on.
I have read reviews that it's a gay night on a Thursday. Maybe my gaydar isn't working but my WG one is and it was rammed with them, maybe outnumbering men by 3 or 4 to 1 and not aggressive either, a very pleasant change.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

Edit: Yep, Ocean View--for some reason I had Seaview Hotel stuck in my mind. Now why was that......? (They have the best rock band in Dubai, IMHO.)
I'll second that - place is just ruined by the excess of African hookers though.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AppleMac
I'll second that - place is just ruined by the excess of African hookers though.
Who are extremely aggressive and don't appear to understand the word NO or I don't want a lady tonight.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:10 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikewot
Who are extremely aggressive and don't appear to understand the word NO or I don't want a lady tonight.
They always leave me alone....

Is that a bad thing?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Bars.... loads of em.

For E.g, last weekend I hit the Belgian Beer Cafe in Festival City for mid week beers, Harvesters in Crowne Plaza for the football, Left Bank, Agency and Jambase (all in the Madinet) on Friday night.

It all depends on what age, scene and music you are after. We also visit clubs quite a lot. These vary from the delights of the dark side (Bur Dubai) has to offer when out with the boys to Sensation, Rixos, Jetty Bar, Budda Bar, Bar 44, Embassy, N'Dulge etc when out with a mixed crowd. Some of those are not clubs but definitely nice bars.

Also, as much as it can be described as Bar Nasty I do enjoy a night out in Barasti ever now and again. It probably dates back to when I used to compete in the Maktoum Cup as we used to drink in there every night after the races.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Go to Bur Dubai - Music Rooms.

Think it's in the Majestic hotel. Happy hour 6-9 I think, free pool during that time and double spirit/mixer is 20dhs. Great live band on after happy hour and really good venue, can dance too...if you like. Never too busy and then lots of options for afterwards.

You'll impress visitors with it.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:58 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Go to Bur Dubai - Music Rooms.

Think it's in the Majestic hotel. Happy hour 6-9 I think, free pool during that time and double spirit/mixer is 20dhs. Great live band on after happy hour and really good venue, can dance too...if you like. Never too busy and then lots of options for afterwards.

You'll impress visitors with it.
I concur, great bar, great band.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:20 am
It's not going to fit..

Bored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really nice

Thanks for all the suggestions - really appreciate the info

Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:54 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

The Observatory in Marriot is not bad, good happy hour drinks and great view.

Barasti is good on an afternoon, but probably best to get out of there when it gets dark.

As others have said, Madinat Jumeriah is a good spot, The Agency and Rivington Grill bar both do good happy hours.

Rooftop Bar and The Jetty Lounge at Royal Mirage.

Not everyones cup of tea, but Bidi Bondi or Cabana on The Palm are good for sundowners.