Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Benefits scroungers - one of the reasons I choose to remain an expat

Benefits scroungers - one of the reasons I choose to remain an expat

Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:25 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits scroungers - one of the reasons I choose to remain an expat

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
It's like the state pension - it will not be there when I want it, nor do I expect it to be, nor will I take it if it is.
I agree with you there, although if the government were to chuck free money at me, I'd take it!

It's our generation who's being the hardest done by - we're still having to pay for the current pensions and yet can't expect one for ourselves.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits scroungers - one of the reasons I choose to remain an expat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11404623

Kind of relevant to this story- following Chinas one child policy, on a recent visit to China I was discussing this with a supplier out there- a woman in her mid 30s who has just married an older man, she won't have children as he has already had a child with a previous marriage, but she seemed fine about it. Obviously, I don't think the UK should look at becoming a communist country but inevitably, the worlds food supplies, as well as overcrowding, limited fuel resources will struggle to support our ever growing population. Why it seems to be educated professionals who opt out of having families compared to dossers who breed like wild fire I wonder where we will end up in years to come. A birth license perhaps? Or like in China the rich can pay a heavy fine for a second child.... Human rights vs overpopulation of the world? If child birth became a privilege in the UK, like in China do you think we would end up with less of the ASBO culture- where life is looked at as a luxury compared to a society that thinks they are owed a living. Make every life count and be important rather than assuming its your human right to doss about- perhaps it should be your human obligation to contribute to society?

Its all doomed I tell you! doomed, DOOMED
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I know this doesn't sound like me , but:

Why ignore - free education,
free healthcare,
representative democracy,
the fantastic libraries and playgrounds and parks and theatre and arts and freedoms of association and religion and sex and belief ...

... all because some people on benefits are taking the piss?

Those wastes of carbon are 0.00000001% of anyone's tax bill. Big deal!

They were born in shit and will always be living in shit. I'm certainly not jealous of thier shitty, Argos-ridden lives and their councilflat opportunities.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:49 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kittycat1;8874777]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11404623

I wonder where we will end up in years to come. A birth license perhaps? Or like in China the rich can pay a heavy fine for a second child....

QUOTE]

Good point but in Rural China there is - well certainly was effective enforcement, in Middle Class China the ovaries come out at time of birth and of course the rich are rich - and thus different. I don't think we'd do the first two of those.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

free healthcare,
the fantastic libraries and playgrounds and parks and theatre and arts and freedoms of association and religion and sex and belief ...

They were born in shit and will always be living in shit. I'm certainly not jealous of thier shitty, Argos-ridden lives and their councilflat opportunities.
Spot on
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

free healthcare,

benefits and services are different things. No one has said cuts to everything.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 5:37 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

They're just another easy target for the Mail. They do it with immigrants, gay people...anyone who they feel is suitable. It's all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day, diverting people's attention from what is really going on.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:00 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
They're just another easy target for the Mail. They do it with immigrants, gay people...anyone who they feel is suitable. It's all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day, diverting people's attention from what is really going on.
A way of making the middle classes feel more superior perhaps?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:08 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Then I read about this wanktard and I really do feel morally superior:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pressure-.html
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

LOL what a bunch of mingers......

And I thought he was ugly, till I scrolled down and saw the Fat Slags- I thought there were only two!!!

Chastity is its own pounishment, but this scumrat's life is his punishment... excuse me while I throw up.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:42 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
A way of making the middle classes feel more superior perhaps?
Well yeah, that too.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:33 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

"Well, what we could do, is all go back to Blighty and reintroduce the maid culture there"

Yeah, ok, but was watching a C5 documentary about Eddie Stobart (the trucking company in the UK) this evening and it said some of it's drivers were paid GBP8/hour. When we left UK just over 5 years' ago my neighbour (in Sussex) was paying GBP12/hour for her 'house cleaner. Some agencies here in Dubai charge nearly that much (GBP8/hour), too.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:41 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
"Well, what we could do, is all go back to Blighty and reintroduce the maid culture there"

Yeah, ok, but was watching a C5 documentary about Eddie Stobart (the trucking company in the UK) this evening and it said some of it's drivers were paid GBP8/hour. When we left UK just over 5 years' ago my neighbour (in Sussex) was paying GBP12/hour for her 'house cleaner. Some agencies here in Dubai charge nearly that much (GBP8/hour), too.
I know, I used to pay £12/h for my cleaner in the UK.

What I'm talking about (tongue in cheek), is grabbing an urchin off the street, housing it in the loft and paying a token amount to its parents. Surely some of the middle-class values the DM harps on about will just rub off on them due to proximity, if nothing else...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hnd

Are you watching C5 or any other UK station from here?...I do miss CH4 and Mr. Sockstastic.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:03 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

@ zoukla

Yes, watching a lot of UK tv - most BBC (but not on their cr@ppy beta site), ITV catchup, Channel 5, Channel 4 etc

It just depends upon what they decide to upload onto their iPlayer sites and what you think you'd like to watch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.