Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Belated Happy Easter to the B.E. Folks

Belated Happy Easter to the B.E. Folks

Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Belated Happy Easter to the B.E. Folks

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Recovering catholic

And Scamp, my omelette intrusion was in 1983 - so you in a previous life perhaps?
Yeah, well...no. Born in '88 so can't claim that.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Recovering catholic
What's your take on transubstantiation? Seems like cannibalism to me.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Belated Happy Easter to the B.E. Folks-059490_61dcb572.jpg

Train Sub-Station

An essential but rarely photographed feature of the electrified lines of the former Southern Railway is the sub-station which provides the power supply at 750V DC for the third live rail. On the third rail system sub-stations are needed at roughly five mile intervals to counter-act voltage drop. This is the one at Wanborough, built in 1938 when the line from Guildford to Aldershot was electrified. The more modern equipment nearer the camera was installed in 2004-5 to cater for the increased power requirements of the new generation of trains being introduced by SWT. In the background is the chimney of the erstwhile Wanborough brick works.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:35 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Always bothered me, that. Though, in practice, not as much as the way those awful dry wafers used to cleave to the roof of your mouth. It was agony as a devoutly pious 9 year-old fretting because you couldn't manage to dislodge it with your tongue but also did not want to use a finger lest it be some kind of violation of the body of Christ...

I was dragged by visiting relatives to midnight mass in Jebel Ali a few Xmas Eves ago. All of the other churches were close to empty (about a dozen in the Anglican church when we stuck our heads in there) but the catholic place, at the very end of the row of churches and round the back, was absolutely mobbed. You couldn't get near the door even as the large courtyard was thronged with people following the service outside on a big screen. I expected the crowd to be mainly Filipinos with the balance being Europeans and the occasional Lebanese. In fact, like most things in Dubai, it was dominated by sub-continentals, I guess reflecting the origins of many of those here on the east coast of India (and Sri Lanka) where the Portuguese influence was greatest (all those D'Souzas and Fernades'). Even if a small proportion of Indians are catholics, that's still a shit-load of people. What was more astonishing was that at communion time further bus-loads of guys discharged in the car park and surged in through the courtyard gates. They had obviously been waiting just for communion - perhaps the ritual was critical, perhaps they were hungry. No cannibalistic inhibitions there in any case.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:03 am
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold

Always bothered me, that.

http://www.atheistmissionary.com/200...-proof-of.html

Comment by littlebNov 27, 2011 05:53 AM
i'm a 21 year old female. I was raised catholic but never quite understood anything about the faith to be honest. I didn't hardly listen in church, didn't go to confession... just believed in God and thought be nice, forgiving, etc..and didn't go to church once i was 18 ish... well to my dismay, i came to find from personal experience that in the generation we live in.. there are people practicing a lot of things with powers from something other than God... because of my exposure to this in oblivion working in different areas of the entertainment industry... i got to experience the hard truth of Jesus in the Eucharist when i was scared to death and went to church in complete fear after having demonic attacks. After taking the body of Christ... my body simultaneously rotted and my arms hung dead weight and a feeling of empty death encompassed my body... it was the eeriest scariest feeling of my life... Jesus is real, and is present in the Eucharist..after months of actually opening up the bible and comprehending the faith, how quickly i learned I was really not in a good place..and of how much I had offended him(all the while thinking i"m a good person)... and really not aware to the spiritual warfare that is in place today... Fear God.. and by God I mean with Jesus in heaven... cause there is alot of people claiming God or gods but its like well who are you referring to?.....one of satan's plots is getting people to be atheist...talk to people who fear God(they're the one's that contain some type of wisdom).. i don't get the point of having an atheism forum/missionary to be honest, does it give you fufillment? i'm honestly sincerely curious the type of fufillment it gives you?... why does someone go out of their way to prove something wrong that is first of all supposed to be completely incomprehensible/overpowering by definition.. but most of all something that they haven't spent years seeking out in actions and from the heart ...and if you look up faith in any dictionary its not arguing words from a bible.. its you in retrospect to your soul and where its going when you die and the shape it's in currently without Jesus... God is simple- love in action... atheist stuff just seems like angry people arguing(give me more proof or i won't beleive).. Jesus doesn't need us.. we need him..that's the whole point.. go talk to people who witness people at the moment of death.. listen to testimonies of people who used to practice psychic divination and convert to forms of christianity.. listen to testimonies of people who actually admit to worshipping satan and their moment of divine intervention...talk to children( God's presence is amongst their innocence and lack of care for worldly things that dont matter)..watch the documentary/film about darwin and how his wife was super religious and would tell him he's at war with God.. most importantly though, open a bible yourself and ask Jesus to come into your heart..you probably havent felt his presence because a skeptic is approaching him from the mind(not an open heart).... why waste time making a website like this when you could go help someone else with a loving action... and the catholic church doesn't need to try Jesus in a manner as to trace the DNA linneage of the consecrated host.. that is in no manner reverance to the Lord and defiles the Churches teachings.. lastly, i thought my speil might help, i don't want anyone to be without Jesus when it comes down to it.. read about soul-ties too.. i never thought about the soul in that manner.. but when you do it helps you piece it together..it helps you realize you want your soul to be with Jesus before your moment of death

http://www.youshallbelieve.com/
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Right - that's it!!! Who started the religious references in this thread???? You're gonna get what's coming to you!!!

What's that you say?? It was me??? Oh......