Beer in Dubai - weird!

Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all
Default Re: Beer in Dubai - weird!

Just looked up Barasti and it looks pretty decent I pop there for a pint later on as it's just up the road; when's a good time to go? I know nothing about Dubai nightlife as you may have guessed!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Just looked up Barasti and it looks pretty decent I pop there for a pint later on as it's just up the road; when's a good time to go? I know nothing about Dubai nightlife as you may have guessed!
I guess it should be ok around now...it's Ramadan so everything is a bit different...no clubs to go to...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Thanks for all the advice - I'm going to get something to eat now.

oh, and cheers for not cruxifying me too!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice - I'm going to get something to eat now.

oh, and cheers for not cruxifying me too!
well enjoy the night...and let us know how the head is tomorrow, lol...

MM, xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

and 27 will be the average amount of PMs you'll get per day...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:10 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I guess it should be ok around now...it's Ramadan so everything is a bit different...no clubs to go to...
that did not stop us
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mythic
that did not stop us
Reason for sore head?

Lager - otherwise known as boy's beer. Lager is real beer (i.e. bitter) which has been pasteurised and sugar-added........... its chemical composition acts as a diuretic and a dehydrating agent.

Hence hangovers are more common among lager drinkers than bitter drinkers (contrary to some opinions).

You won't find much bitter in Dubai........

Of course if you say you are a lager drinker anyway I would have to point to the fact that many of them are made (under a licensing agreement) in countries you might not expect. (Dubai Guinness, which is neither a lager nor a bitter, of course, but I'm just making a point, is brewed in Nigeria). Dodgy ingredients, see?

Also the weather dehydrates you - drink a pint of water for every pint of lager.

That was the Dr Dean Report......... brought to you by our sponsors Hammerhead - the wonder-cure for hangovers........
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh i never fret...lenotre croissants i hope...

MM, xx
hopefully not their "English Breakfast" - quite nasty!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Reason for sore head?

Lager - otherwise known as boy's beer. Lager is real beer (i.e. bitter) which has been pasteurised and sugar-added........... its chemical composition acts as a diuretic and a dehydrating agent.

Hence hangovers are more common among lager drinkers than bitter drinkers (contrary to some opinions).

You won't find much bitter in Dubai........

Of course if you say you are a lager drinker anyway I would have to point to the fact that many of them are made (under a licensing agreement) in countries you might not expect. (Dubai Guinness, which is neither a lager nor a bitter, of course, but I'm just making a point, is brewed in Nigeria). Dodgy ingredients, see?

Also the weather dehydrates you - drink a pint of water for every pint of lager.

That was the Dr Dean Report......... brought to you by our sponsors Hammerhead - the wonder-cure for hangovers........
better to stick to G&T's!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
better to stick to G&T's!
That's the tactic I've now adopted - can't go wrong when you see the gin out of the Bombay Sapphire bottle!!

I figured they must brew it under licence somewhere - I had a Guiness for the Ireland-Argentina game; not having another!!

Went to Barasti this afternoon for the rugby, seems like a great place it was certainly rockinb when England won! I think I'll go there more often as it was packed. Didn't make it last night - had a bottle of wine instead!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:48 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

That's the tactic I've now adopted - can't go wrong when you see the gin out of the Bombay Sapphire bottle!!

I figured they must brew it under licence somewhere - I had a Guiness for the Ireland-Argentina game; not having another!!

Went to Barasti this afternoon for the rugby, seems like a great place it was certainly rockinb when England won! I think I'll go there more often as it was packed. Didn't make it last night - had a bottle of wine instead!
good to hear you had a nice time...
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

come and join us at the quiz thing on monday in aussie legends...not the greatest place ever (err...that's an understatement!), but given the amount of it the guys drink there, the beer must be ok...!

MM, xx
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the invite, I may come actually as it beats staying in the hotel!

I'll register my interest on the other forum - just to keep it official-like
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

prefer Tanquarey 10 or Plymouth Gin myself, but def a better option than beer! hangovers nowhere near as bad but even so the key here is to drink plenty of water during the night due to the heat. Especially at Barasti where the inside is no cooler than out by the big screen
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ritchie - I don't get out much either - mainly because living out in the stix (Sharjah) it takes something particular to get me into town and even then I've usually hired a car so I become a non-drinker.

How long are you going to be here for, and what's your job on the refinery? I'm into refineries too (not operating, more looking into new opportunities worldwide).

Maybe catch you at the quiz tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.