Beer in Dubai - weird!

Old Oct 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all
Default Beer in Dubai - weird!

Hi people, this is my first post as I've just become an expat so go easy!

I've been in Dubai now for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if it was just me or does the beer here taste awful and give you the worst hangovers? Am I going insane / drinking in dives / getting my drinks spiked? Either way I know I drink a few pints and wake up the next morning thinking a bomb has gone off in my head!

Any tips on where to get a decent pint?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beer in Dubai - weird!

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Hi people, this is my first post as I've just become an expat so go easy!

I've been in Dubai now for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if it was just me or does the beer here taste awful and give you the worst hangovers? Am I going insane / drinking in dives / getting my drinks spiked? Either way I know I drink a few pints and wake up the next morning thinking a bomb has gone off in my head!

Any tips on where to get a decent pint?
You're new???We'll crucify you...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

where have you been drinking so far...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You're new???We'll crucify you...
don't lull him into a false sense of security...you'll be trying to shag him by the end of the evening...

MM, xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
don't lull him into a false sense of security...you'll be trying to shag him by the end of the evening...

MM, xx
Fret not...He'll get his breakfast in the morning...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

I'm staying in the Sheraton at Dubai Marina so there, Charlie Parrot's in Oasis Beach, and the Hilton's bar ( I forget it's name).

Don't mind being cruxified - it'll beat the boredom to be honest!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:15 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I'm staying in the Sheraton at Dubai Marina so there, Charlie Parrot's in Oasis Beach, and the Hilton's bar ( I forget it's name).

Don't mind being cruxified - it'll beat the boredom to be honest!
you need to get out more...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Fret not...He'll get his breakfast in the morning...
oh i never fret...lenotre croissants i hope...

MM, xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
it doesn't seem to be the getting out that's the problem...he just needs to get to the right places...!!

MM, xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
Tell me about it! Problem is I'm working for ENOC on their refinery expansion but I'm not actually based at site yet - I'm working out of my hotel room! Add to that the fact that all the guys on site are twice my age and you can see why I'm not getting out!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:23 pm
hmmmm...nice

Tell me about it! Problem is I'm working for ENOC on their refinery expansion but I'm not actually based at site yet - I'm working out of my hotel room! Add to that the fact that all the guys on site are twice my age and you can see why I'm not getting out!
oh...how old are you
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

it doesn't seem to be the getting out that's the problem...he just needs to get to the right places...!!

MM, xx
So where are these right places then? In town? I just want a nice beer sometimes after a hard day's work but the stuff I've had so far tastes like pi$$!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So where are these right places then? In town? I just want a nice beer sometimes after a hard day's work but the stuff I've had so far tastes like pi$$!
well...to be fair, i don't drink beer...but try Apres in Mall of the Emirates, or Leftbank and Bar Zar in the Madinat. If you want something more pub-like Double Deckers is usually busy and i don't know of anyone who has had complaints about the beer there...

MM, xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

well...to be fair, i don't drink beer...but try Apres in Mall of the Emirates, or Leftbank and Bar Zar in the Madinat. If you want something more pub-like Double Deckers is usually busy and i don't know of anyone who has had complaints about the beer there...

MM, xx
and surprise surprise...I don't drink beer either...but yeah, Apres seems like a good bet...was totally packed last night and no, didn't hear anyone complain about the beer....
Maybe Barasti...if you go there tonight try and find a guy called Shake your Booty (cant be bothered to look up the correct spelling of this user id)...he's there tonight and might get you introduced to some people...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.