View Poll Results: Has he gone too far or not...
keep him banned
32.65%
unban him
67.35%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

The Beard Man Issue...

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:33 am
Just Joined

thetruth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Beard Man Issue...

Originally Posted by commander
Do you agree with this?
I agree with respecting the laws of the country I reside in, yes. I said this before, in Europe I would be thrown in jail over denying the holocaust.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
beard man's comments are, at times, approaching the absurd (i.e. the holocaust denier bit) but his opinions appear to be a representative slice of a section of the community in the mid-east. so, in the spirit of freedom of speech, let him back.

besides, he's far more entertaining that the likes of dbxdude and mantronic
I would disagree with that, I would like to think most people in the middle east have a little more intelligence than to think as he does..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:35 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

in Europe I would be thrown in jail over denying the holocaust.
I think you will find that is only illegal to deny it or talk about it in Germany.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetruth
I agree with respecting the laws of the country I reside in, yes. I said this before, in Europe I would be thrown in jail over denying the holocaust.

You are more likely to be laughed at for being stupid & ignorant.

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:37 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

You are more likely to be laughed at for being stupid & ignorant.
Or set upon by the hounds.....
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Simply put, it is illegal to voice your opinion in support of the state of Israel in the UAE. End of story.
Can you please post a reference to this?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely agree with you. This forum is great and infact on New Year's Eve I used it to check what venues were open that night. However, i do not want to go on this forum and see comments that are pro-Israeli. Israel is not recognized by the UAE and any such comments are illegal. The British expatriate community must be able to respect the place they are residing in. Etisalat and Du ban websites for much less reasons than some of the things I have read here.
Unfortunately for you, the BE website is not based in the UAE, so British Expats are free to air their voices of the facts.. and it is not illegal to do so.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:43 am
Just Joined

thetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bison
I am very confused now.....

You say:

If the UAE do not recognise Israel and it is illegal to support them in any way shape or form, why do the UAE and Israel Co-Sponsor Arsenal Football Club and why does the UAE let an Israeli man have a business here in the form of the Atlantis Hotel?
Hahaha. Israelis/Jews own EVERYTHING. Even you must surely know that the Jews are in control of almost all the cooperations worldwide. As sad and as accurate your comment is, it is inevitable that things like this happen.

One more point. Doesnt anyone here have Arab and Muslim friends? I mean theoretically and legally speaking I could go to Jordan and Egypt and yell my support to Israel, but don't you think that will be insensitive towards everyone around me.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Hahaha. Israelis/Jews own EVERYTHING. Even you must surely know that the Jews are in control of almost all the cooperations worldwide. As sad and as accurate your comment is, it is inevitable that things like this happen.

One more point. Doesnt anyone here have Arab and Muslim friends? I mean theoretically and legally speaking I could go to Jordan and Egypt and yell my support to Israel, but don't you think that will be insensitive towards everyone around me.
Are you a Jew?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

You say that as an insult but Israelis probably take it as a compliment
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bison
Or set upon by the hounds.....
Are you a Hound?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, I have Muslim and Arab friends.

And not everyone here has 'yelled support for Israel'.

Personally, I think we should get both of their leaders around a table and send Bison to go and knock some sense into both of them..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

And that as a 'get out clause' is just a completely ridiculous statement.

Just an example of 'ethics until it suits us otherwise'
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Not all Israelis are Jewish and not all Jews are Israeli. In fact, not all Jews support Israel. They quite separate you know.

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:57 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely agree with you. This forum is great and infact on New Year's Eve I used it to check what venues were open that night. However, i do not want to go on this forum and see comments that are pro-Israeli. Israel is not recognized by the UAE and any such comments are illegal. The British expatriate community must be able to respect the place they are residing in. Etisalat and Du ban websites for much less reasons than some of the things I have read here.
There are posters on here from all over the world which means we get to see various opinions on all sorts of subjects (a good thing). However, this one particular poster made some comments that appeared to breach rule #2, and upset some posters with his comments.
There is a poll running to see how posters feel about him being re-instated which seems fair to me...look up democracy when you have time to step off your soap box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.