View Poll Results: Has he gone too far or not...
keep him banned
32.65%
unban him
67.35%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

The Beard Man Issue...

Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Beard Man Issue...

Originally Posted by MataHari
because that is the question of the poll...should he be banned for saying that...and you voted for the yes option...
well my daddies bigger then yours.......

Voting yes was nothing to do with his post and I am probably the only one that does not hate him.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clifford
(littlejimmy posting as clifford)

Even if you live in a supposedly free place like the UK, this much vaunted Freedom of Speech is not absolute. There are rightly limits. You can't get away with shouting FIRE in a crowded theatre for no reason, or ringing up and saying there's a bomb planted for no reason, and you certainly can't incite hatred and violence and spread blatant lies about things like the holocaust.

And it always seems to be the last resort of the desperate when defending the indefensible.
luckily freedom of speach in the UK does give people the right to question the facts about the holocaust unlike in countries such as Germany where it is a criminal offence. I have no doubt it did happen but believe it is wrong to criminalise people who deny it.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:01 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetruth
You want to ban this person for what reason? Stating his opinions? I have seen some of the most anti-arab, anti-muslim comments on here. What kind of expatriate community is this? Perhaps its this website and its commentators, whom are constantly advocating the state of Israel, bashing the Sharia laws/regulations and passing little demeaning insults here and there that should be BANNED.
I don't agree with banning beardman, but I also don't agree with your post. The secret is in the forum name; it's a web site designed for British Expats. If you want a pro-arab, pro-muslim, pro-sharia, anti-Israel web site; create one for yourself. Then you can ban anyone you want!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:03 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
well my daddies bigger then yours.......

Voting yes was nothing to do with his post and I am probably the only one that does not hate him.
I completely don't understand what you are trying to say...
oh well, maybe I have misunderstood my own poll then...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:08 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
luckily freedom of speach in the UK does give people the right to question the facts about the holocaust unlike in countries such as Germany where it is a criminal offence. I have no doubt it did happen but believe it is wrong to criminalise people who deny it.
jeez..I must be thick..but why did you then vote to ban BM...as that was the question of the poll...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:10 am
Just Joined

thetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roadking
I don't agree with banning beardman, but I also don't agree with your post. The secret is in the forum name; it's a web site designed for British Expats. If you want a pro-arab, pro-muslim, pro-sharia, anti-Israel web site; create one for yourself. Then you can ban anyone you want!
I absolutely agree with you. This forum is great and infact on New Year's Eve I used it to check what venues were open that night. However, i do not want to go on this forum and see comments that are pro-Israeli. Israel is not recognized by the UAE and any such comments are illegal. The British expatriate community must be able to respect the place they are residing in. Etisalat and Du ban websites for much less reasons than some of the things I have read here.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

jeez..I must be thick..but why did you then vote to ban BM...as that was the question of the poll...
Your not thick, just incredibly beautiful.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely agree with you. This forum is great and infact on New Year's Eve I used it to check what venues were open that night. However, i do not want to go on this forum and see comments that are pro-Israeli. Israel is not recognized by the UAE and any such comments are illegal. The British expatriate community must be able to respect the place they are residing in. Etisalat and Du ban websites for much less reasons than some of the things I have read here.

How naive. Not being anti-Israeli does not mean that a person is anti-Islamic

Whether the UAE officially recognises the UAE is irrelevant; the country exists.

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

thetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
How naive. Not being anti-Israeli does not mean that a person is anti-Islamic

Whether the UAE officially recognises the UAE is irrelevant; the country exists.

-
You are over complicating things in an attempt to be amusing. Simply put, it is illegal to voice your opinion in support of the state of Israel in the UAE. End of story.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

You are over complicating things in an attempt to be amusing. Simply put, it is illegal to voice your opinion in support of the state of Israel in the UAE. End of story.
Do you agree with this?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

i voted to ban him for contents of previous messages.
also because to makes the poll a bit more interesting
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:29 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
i voted to ban him for contents of previous messages.
also because to makes the poll a bit more interesting
but as far as I understand he was banned for his comments on the holocaust...not for his other stuff...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

And until that changes the UAE will never be a world leader. By leader I mean manufacturer as opposed to buyer kind of thing. There was a program on BBC4 on Monday night about the Islamic golden age. The things that made the Muslim world a leader and developer of the sciences, culture, arts, medicine, architecture etc was the encouragement of debate, listening to opposing views, sending people to parts of China, India and Greece to gather text that was then translated into Arabic and expanded on. What them strong, as in militarily, was unity and accepting differences amongst each other.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:32 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

No attempt at being amusing. YOU misunderstand.

Again - saying Israel exists is not the same as supporting it.

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:33 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I am very confused now.....

You say:
it is illegal to voice your opinion in support of the state of Israel in the UAE. End of story.
If the UAE do not recognise Israel and it is illegal to support them in any way shape or form, why do the UAE and Israel Co-Sponsor Arsenal Football Club and why does the UAE let an Israeli man have a business here in the form of the Atlantis Hotel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.