Bar Zar - Madinat?

Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Bar Zar - Madinat?

Originally Posted by Meow
In that case, get a cab over to the Irish Village. Sit outside and chill, food decent ad not pricey ( by Dubai standards). And if you don't fancy the food there, walk to the other side of the tennis stadium and you'll find lots of restaurants of all different types, one of which does shisha (called Century Village). If you want to be marginally smarter, walk over to The Cellar.

Just ask the taxi drver to take you to the Aviation Club

http://www.aviationclub.ae/ Links to Irish Village & Century Village at bottom of page
Thanks for that!

Kittycat, good shout, I'm not fussed what I'm looking like but she's the type that can't properly relax if she feels uncomfortable. I think. I don't know.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
trying to work those places out at the moment!!

Barasti or Barnasty if you're my Dad's friends out here is lush during the day to sit and chill but the minute the evening hits it's a bit ropey.
I like the underground bar in the Habtoor, but busy for the football and lots of Northerners
I like the Al Manzil sports bar, Nezzer something but that's if I'm at that end of town.
The hilton on JBR has a sports bar that reminds me of a bar on a ferry, but beer is not badly priced in there.
Horizon on the habtoor's 3rd level is alright, but was quiet when i went and the view was pretty much of the building services on top of the floors below. Nice.

Otherwise, I've not managed to get around too much...
Clearly. You need to leave the Marina a bit more! The Al Manzil is in the middle, just, not the other end. Suggest you venture a little further to find some places that are more real.

As kittycat1 and I have both said, get over to the IV (Irish Village) this evening. No pretence, but a big pub with a large beer garden. The weather's perfect for it.

There are loads of good places on the other side of the Creek.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Spugsy
most of those bars mentioned are shite. Try belgian beer face, one at dubai festival city and one at tecom. Good beer, good chips.
Took her to Crowne Plaza for night when she landed and had chips and beer at the BBC there, was good stuff.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
most of those bars mentioned are shite. Try belgian beer face, one at dubai festival city and one at tecom. Good beer, good chips.
Too much beer already I think!

Scamp - he means Belgian Beer cafe at the Grand Millenium
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to have booze everynight? You could go to Carluccios in Dubai Mall- the seabass is delicious! sit outside watch the fountains, go for a stroll, have a look around Al Bahar and if you want a drink go to one of the bars in there.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Do you have to have booze everynight? You could go to Carluccios in Dubai Mall- the seabass is delicious! sit outside watch the fountains, go for a stroll, have a look around Al Bahar and if you want a drink go to one of the bars in there.
shame on you
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:22 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by kittycat1
That's a good call. Bound to impress.

I highly recommend popping into Dubai Mall for an ice cream from Morellis too.

There are also numerous Arabic/Lebanese cafes where you can get decent food and shisha (although no booze) if you fancy something a little more 'of the region'.

I'm going to a little Indonesian place in Karama this evening. You get some of the nicest (& cheapest!) food and best experiences (if frequently bizarre) in funny little restaurants away from the tourst centres.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol weasal- I'm not a big drinker- I probably have a drink once or twice a month occassionally more sometimes less- if I was going out every night I wouldn't be able to handle it- anyway off the booze at the moment altogether! Empty calories! and when i start drinking again i will be the ultimate cheap date lol
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

BC beat me to it.

I'm of to the club tonight for the Quiz and i'm taking my mum cause I love to spoil her rotten.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:26 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
take her to Jebel Ali Club
I think he want to encourage her, not put her off!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I think he want to encourage her, not put her off!
if she wants to be accepted somewhere where she doesn't have to dress up and have a pint then Jebel Ali Club is perfect !

Scamp I would go to Dubai Mall and see the fountains
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel central
Relax kid, you'll need a thicker skin than that if you are going to survive here in recruitment

Think of it as free toughening up lessons, how is my job in the carribean coming along by the way.
My skin is as thick as it needs to be at any one time; just gets boring being patronised....

Job in the Caribbean is coming along well, as soon as Obama promises to leave the Caymans alone and to stop trying to close the tax loop holes then we should be good to go...
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if she wants to be accepted somewhere where she doesn't have to dress up and have a pint then Jebel Ali Club is perfect !

Scamp I would go to Dubai Mall and see the fountains
Hopefully see the fountains tomorrow when i get to take her up the burj.

LUCKY LADY
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Lady & the Scamp...an old Disney isn't it?

Anyways, a bit leftfield...take the Doris to Benihana in the Bustan Rotana and take a pew at the table where the chef throws the stuff around and get pissed on Sake.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:39 pm