Bar Zar - Madinat?

Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Bar Zar - Madinat?

Is it any good?

Want to go somewhere tonight with the bird and chill out without spending a fortune...

Is the food there any good or just crappy bar stuff?

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bar Zar - Madinat?

with 'the bird' Please refer to her as Lady Scamp!

I think I have been there can never remeber in the madinat as it all looks the same and is designed to confuse you so you have no idea where you are or where you have been or how you get out!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
with 'the bird' Please refer to her as Lady Scamp!
Well...me and the ho might get lost then.

Such is.

I'll go and have a crack at it, fancy a shisha tonight.

How's your week been?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

scamp scamp scamp- please show some respect for her! I am sure she is not a ho and if she is I would recommend the rattlesnake and she might get some business!

You've settled in then?

My week has been meh- you know but thanks for asking - actually I say that some of it has been very good other bits a bit shite
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is it any good?

Want to go somewhere tonight with the bird and chill out without spending a fortune...

Thanks
Spend some money you cheap bastard. Drink before the food you won't notice the quality
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:36 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Is it any good?

Thanks
We've had the bar snacks there and they were pretty good, it's not a bad bar mid-week (never been on a weekend).
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

I'm only playing. She's enjoying it sort of, interview today and tomorrow but not sure if Dubai is what she wants so we'll see what happens.

Settled in? Yes and No....the apartment is lovely but has 2 English TV channels, both are crap. So I find myself trying to do stuff every night instead of just sitting staring at a wall.

People out here are 90% arseholes and I've never come across such unneccesarily aggressive and stuck up women, even those at my age...

Despite that, I'm loving it thanks!

Can you suggest anywhere else to sit, chill, have beer, smoke shisha and eat?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:49 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Is it any good?

Want to go somewhere tonight with the bird and chill out without spending a fortune...Is the food there any good or just crappy bar stuff?

Thanks
Like everywhere in The Madinat Bar Zar is expensive and is far from the nicest venue in there.

If you want drinks and/or shisha try Koubba in Al Qasr, on the terrace. Much nicer. They do bar snacks but they aren't cheap. Better to eat somewhere else. Noodle House is best value for money, or for a meal, drink & shisha (but more expensive) go to Shoo Fee Ma Fee. It's Moroccan and the terrraces are high up with lovely views.

For drinks and snacks, without shisha, try The Agency. Or go down to The Wharf (or the next door Al Nakhuda bar) at the Mina a Salam end.

Of course, you could go somewhere other than The Madinat if you want to save some money. Unless the plan is to impress someone on their first trip to Dubai.

And 'the bird'? Really?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Koubbar is lovely but make sure you sit outside- http://www.timeoutdubai.com/bars/reviews/2669-koubba

We're not all stuck up arseholes you know- theres a few genuine people out there.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Loca is nice too but no outdoory area, but very affordable and everytime I have been there I am sure they have undercharged, grubs nice to.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:57 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Koubbar is lovely but make sure you sit outside- http://www.timeoutdubai.com/bars/reviews/2669-koubba

We're not all stuck up arseholes you know- theres a few genuine people out there.
Perhaps Scamp has been going to the wrong places? Sure there are plenty of arseholes here, but not 90% of people.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:59 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it any good?

Thanks
It's not bad, gets busy - nice to sit outside on the beanbags though.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only playing. She's enjoying it sort of, interview today and tomorrow but not sure if Dubai is what she wants so we'll see what happens.

Settled in? Yes and No....the apartment is lovely but has 2 English TV channels, both are crap. So I find myself trying to do stuff every night instead of just sitting staring at a wall.

People out here are 90% arseholes and I've never come across such unneccesarily aggressive and stuck up women, even those at my age...

Despite that, I'm loving it thanks!

Can you suggest anywhere else to sit, chill, have beer, smoke shisha and eat?
Oh aye mate, the birds over here are a nightmare.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Meow yes I agree, although to be fair there are quite a lot! I do think a lot of the women seem stuck up as they want to appear unapproachable so that the male twats don't approach them! bit of a vicious circle really! Also a fair few millionaire catchers out here.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Perhaps Scamp has been going to the wrong places? Sure there are plenty of arseholes here, but not 90% of people.
perhaps he is mingling only with people in his own industry that might explain the high percentage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.