Baku

Old Oct 9th 2011, 7:43 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baku

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i've got a friend from there and she says it is great...apparently very like beirut but better...

MM, xx
You mean without all the Lebanese?

N.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You mean without all the Lebanese?

N.
hahahaha, well if all the girls in baku are as stunning as my friend, then no one would look twice at a lebo chick...

MM, xx
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:33 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hahahaha, well if all the girls in baku are as stunning as my friend, then no one would look twice at a lebo chick...

MM, xx
I don't look once at them if I can help. They strike me as high nosed, overly capricious with too much make up and an unfounded sense of superiority...

I know a little about the girls of the former CIS region - yes a lot of them are stunning, dress well and are as hard as nails...which is my ideal kind of woman actually, one who never leaves the house without high heels, nylons and a few extra rounds of ammo for the assault rifle

N.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

KellyU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
The locals - especially the younger generation - are very friendly. I've been engaged in conversation on several occasions by people wanting to practise their English skills (or lack of them), which can be interesting!

I'd say the closest country cultural wise would be Turkey.

Oh yes....there are stacks of well fit women!
Any chance you can give some insight to someone that may be moving there in the new year? I have a 16 month old and am a little nervous - haven't found much on the web except that it is dirty and polluted - but full of great history. Any help would be great. Thank you so much!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

KellyU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NewtoBaku
Hello Everybody!
We just moved to Baku with my husband and plan to stay here for a while. He is an architect, me - a newborn housewife. He is Italian, I am Russian and the last 8 years we were living in Dubai. We will be happy to meet new friends to share our bakuish experience.
Anita
Anita,
Would love to hear all about Baku and your experiences!! We might be moving in January and i have a 16 month old son. A bit nervous because all you hear on the net is that it is polluted with bad air quality (which scares me for the little one) but has a great history. Any chance you can tell me about your life? Thank y ou so much!
Kelly
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Word of warning: When I was in Baku, breathing the air in winter was the equivelent of smoking 80 cigarettes a day...
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Word of warning: When I was in Baku, breathing the air in winter was the equivelent of smoking 80 cigarettes a day...
So it's cleaner than the average inland Chinese city then

N.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:11 am
Just Joined

ryanp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KellyU
Anita,
Would love to hear all about Baku and your experiences!! We might be moving in January and i have a 16 month old son. A bit nervous because all you hear on the net is that it is polluted with bad air quality (which scares me for the little one) but has a great history. Any chance you can tell me about your life? Thank y ou so much!
Kelly
Kelly did you move to Baku? I am considering a move with my wife and 2 year old? what have you experienced? thanks in advance, Ryan
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

My memories of Baku (6 years ago) brilliant, stinks a bit and the waves on the caspian are a bit suppressed with the covering of oil. Great bars, great restaurants, great expat community. The only place I have been where I have run on the hash in the morning had a great meal in a bar for lunch, gone to the international opera in the afternoon and bought a new pair of boots for less than $1. Typical former soviet state the men live on cigarets and vodka, the women dress to kill until they are 26 then they turn to 25 stone hags.

For work I would choose Baku, for holiday I would choose Beirut
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

PS absolutely the worst drivers in the world.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Has the computer game Baku-Baku got anything to do with the place?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryanp
Kelly did you move to Baku? I am considering a move with my wife and 2 year old? what have you experienced? thanks in advance, Ryan
Get the Explorer book Ryan - yep they now do one for Azerbaijan