Bah Humbug thread

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bah Humbug thread

If you want to be a grinch and moan about Christmas- put it in here not in my happy xmas thread you miserable barstewards!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bah Humbug thread

Phew, can I just say I bloooooody hate that Slade song, makes me go all grinch every year!
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

What The Fork has happened to quality street- I bought a tin as its christmas and wouldnt be the same without and they only have 6 flavors- surely thats not right? are they being taken out because of ingredients in some of the flavours? where are the orange ones ( my favorite ones)? I am most upset!

contains; chocolate caramel with wholenut ( purple one), toffee finger, green triangle, caramel cup, hazelnut crunch and toffee penny.... where are the missing ones?
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 2:32 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
What The Fork has happened to quality street- I bought a tin as its christmas and wouldnt be the same without and they only have 6 flavors- surely thats not right? are they being taken out because of ingredients in some of the flavours? where are the orange ones ( my favorite ones)? I am most upset!

contains; chocolate caramel with wholenut ( purple one), toffee finger, green triangle, caramel cup, hazelnut crunch and toffee penny.... where are the missing ones?
you've definitely been done. I bet the strawberry and orange-filled ones have some kind of banned gelatine in them.

You won't find me grinching about Christmas - the tree's going up the day after we land (and maybe this year I'll do the outside of the house too! teeheehee!)
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I didn't know anyone ate the orange ones I thought they were just for decoration .
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
The austerity measures have to start from somewhere !!
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that I hate Christmas, but I just don't see why there is such a big deal made about it, when it is really just one day. You could argue it's 12 days if you are religious, but most of the Christmas fanatics aren't.

I just don't get it.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
It's not that I hate Christmas, but I just don't see why there is such a big deal made about it, when it is really just one day. You could argue it's 12 days if you are religious, but most of the Christmas fanatics aren't.

I just don't get it.
It's good, makes you feel all nice and stuff....
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Makes me feel bloody skint..
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

But why? You don't believe in the birth of Jesus Christ or in Father Christmas, so why do you need all the tinsel and songs to be nice to people? You can buy me a present at any time during the year.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
Makes me feel bloody skint..
Tell me about it, was my wedding anniversary on National Day, a trip to Al Maha and a Mulberry bag has left me well out of pocket.

Still, you've got to keep the missus happy eh?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

But why? You don't believe in the birth of Jesus Christ or in Father Christmas, so why do you need all the tinsel and songs to be nice to people? You can buy me a present at any time during the year.
BEcause we get nostalgic about Christmas when we were kids and how it was the best time of our lives, back home it's fun over Christmas when it's cold and snowing and you are out for Christmas parties having fun.

It's a feel good time of year.

Well not in this country...
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Also I don't believe in the Easter bunny but I bloody love Buttons easter eggs
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:15 am
Bored liberal

BEcause we get nostalgic about Christmas when we were kids and how it was the best time of our lives, back home it's fun over Christmas when it's cold and snowing and you are out for Christmas parties having fun.

It's a feel good time of year.

Well not in this country...

Maybe for you, but I spent numerous childhood Christmases in the tropics and hate the cold and snow.

I don't see why it should be much different out here. You can sit outside on Christmas day which is nicer and the day is really what you make it. It's all the fuss made about one day that annoys me.

As per usual, I will be cooking lunch for a houseful of friends which will turn into a party in the evening. It's just a regular weekend event, but with added twinkly lights and presents.

And what's all the fuss about cooking Christmas lunch? It's just a big roast dinner, but there are so many articles written about it, you'd think it was something difficult!
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Maybe for you, but I spent numerous childhood Christmases in the tropics and hate the cold and snow.

I don't see why it should be much different out here. You can sit outside on Christmas day which is nicer and the day is really what you make it. It's all the fuss made about one day that annoys me.

As per usual, I will be cooking lunch for a houseful of friends which will turn into a party in the evening. It's just a regular weekend event, but with added twinkly lights and presents.

And what's all the fuss about cooking Christmas lunch? It's just a big roast dinner, but there are so many articles written about it, you'd think it was something difficult!
Because it's a muslim country, because there's no 'Christmas cheer' in the office as it's mixed religions, because there's no Christmas songs on the radio and because it's not freezing cold when you nip out at lunchtime to buy presents.

I'll be in Langawyi chilling in the sun as this is the last place I want to be, and then onto Sydney for a weeks worth of fun over NYE.

We're deffo going home next year for Christmas though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.