Autofit, Al Quoz

Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autofit, Al Quoz

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Will have a nosy in Toyota this weekend. Did you just come out and offer 104 for a laugh or did they propose it ?
I had already bought a car from them and had got to know the sales guy (and manager) well. They also knew that I would buy it on the spot (deposit anyway) if they accepted the offer. The FJ conversation went along the lines of...

I think we can do a good deal on that...
I said, (jokingly) 100k and I'll write the cheque now...
we'll see what we can do, it's been there a while...
3 days later,
104k OK with you?
I'll be in this afternoon.

Sadly, the manager and sales man no longer work there

The pre-owned stuff is hidden away in the festival city branch. don't bother with the SZR branch.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, let you know how it goes
Old Mar 7th 2015, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't get as far as Toyota. In 2 weeks a full size full fat 6.2 F150 will be on the drive so the semi skimmed 5.0 F150 is up for sale
Can't wait to get it in the sand
Old Mar 8th 2015, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't get as far as Toyota. In 2 weeks a full size full fat 6.2 F150 will be on the drive so the semi skimmed 5.0 F150 is up for sale
Can't wait to get it in the sand
Awesome!

Isn't a new F150 coming out soon that is a tonne lighter, and turbocharged?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The new F150 is in fords basement available with the good old 5.0 V8 coyote and the turbocharged V6 up to 365 bhp here
Now being old fashioned I still believe in no replacement for displacement.
The 6.2 is an old school very lightly stressed 2 valve motor easily tuneable. Try another 31 Hp simply with a cold air kit which I will pick up in the states so that will be 442 Hp lightly stressed.
7000 us for a supercharger up to 663 Hp and allegedly reliable.

This old school comes with the 6 inch lift, on board compressor, light bar etc etc so for me it's a no brainier. I will leave the tuned to death V6's for those younger than me. The turbo lag is evident on the road tests I have seen and V6's sound shit lol
Old Mar 8th 2015, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The new F150 is in fords basement available with the good old 5.0 V8 coyote and the turbocharged V6 up to 365 bhp here
Now being old fashioned I still believe in no replacement for displacement.
The 6.2 is an old school very lightly stressed 2 valve motor easily tuneable. Try another 31 Hp simply with a cold air kit which I will pick up in the states so that will be 442 Hp lightly stressed.
7000 us for a supercharger up to 663 Hp and allegedly reliable.

This old school comes with the 6 inch lift, on board compressor, light bar etc etc so for me it's a no brainier. I will leave the tuned to death V6's for those younger than me. The turbo lag is evident on the road tests I have seen and V6's sound shit lol
I can imagine the turbo would be annoying in the desert too.