Apple vs other phones

Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apple vs other phones

Originally Posted by Scamp
My iPhone beats your Torch because mine is white.

So there.
I always thought the white ones were for girls?!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
What is 'mobile' about that though?
Its as mobile as I am, which is exactly the point. When I'm out and about (as a man about town is, doncha know), its with me and working. Usually when I'm in one place for an hour or more, its with me and working (and plugged in). So its perfectly mobile, for my degree of mobility.

Crashing? Jeez, I remember have to physically re-build Macs when they crashed, and then re-start with all the extensions(?) disabled, and then turn them back on one by one. I don't think my iPhone 4 or 3 has ever crashed on me--occasionally an App has crashed (never an Apple one), but that hasn't caused the iPhone to crash.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I always thought the white ones were for girls?!
No they are kept for the cool blokes only.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:41 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

No they are kept for the cool blokes only.
Mine's white, too. But I do feel like a girl sometimes.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Its as mobile as I am, which is exactly the point. When I'm out and about (as a man about town is, doncha know), its with me and working. Usually when I'm in one place for an hour or more, its with me and working (and plugged in). So its perfectly mobile, for my degree of mobility.

Crashing? Jeez, I remember have to physically re-build Macs when they crashed, and then re-start with all the extensions(?) disabled, and then turn them back on one by one. I don't think my iPhone 4 or 3 has ever crashed on me--occasionally an App has crashed (never an Apple one), but that hasn't caused the iPhone to crash.
I agree with this.

I have a charger at my bedside table, one in the car and one at work in my computer.

The battery life isn't mind blowing but you CAN do things to make it better. I just mitigate this by having these chargers in places that I will be for long periods of time.

Works well, but yes, the battery life would be the first thing most users would want improved.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:42 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's actually white. It accesorises the white Birkenstocks and Rayban's perfectly.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Mine's white, too. But I do feel like a girl sometimes.
My previous 3 had all been black so fancied a change.

I, like you, also use mine bareback. Why put such a good looking bit of kit in a gay rubber case you bought for 8dhs in carrefour.

Just don't drop it.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Mine's actually white. It accesorises the white Birkenstocks and Rayban's perfectly.
You are such a LAD.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

I had the simple old shitty Curve last time and it survived swimming in beer, being dropped more times than a hookers pants and never crashed. This one is almost a daily occurence.....

I may change back and give the bird this one...
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:53 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

My previous 3 had all been black so fancied a change.

I, like you, also use mine bareback. Why put such a good looking bit of kit in a gay rubber case you bought for 8dhs in carrefour.

Just don't drop it.
After the experience of my three day old iPod Touch making the trip from my pocket to the floor as I took my wallet out my pocket, I'm never not using a cover again. The screen looked like someone had been using it for shooting practice, not like it had fallen out of my pocket.

Knowing the back and front of the iPhone 4s is made of the same glass, I have no intention of carrying around naked.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:57 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
After the experience of my three day old iPod Touch making the trip from my pocket to the floor as I took my wallet out my pocket, I'm never not using a cover again. The screen looked like someone had been using it for shooting practice, not like it had fallen out of my pocket.

Knowing the back and front of the iPhone 4s is made of the same glass, I have no intention of carrying around naked.
I guess I've been lucky. Dropped it (and the previous ones) numerous times, and usually onto Middle Eastern flooring, and apart from a bit of a dent or ding, they've survived. And always naked. I've just switched to white (thought they said once you tried black you'd never go back?), but not out of choice. It does look gay. But yet to find a skin / cover / case that doesn't detract from the beauty of the thing.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

I guess I've been lucky. Dropped it (and the previous ones) numerous times, and usually onto Middle Eastern flooring, and apart from a bit of a dent or ding, they've survived. And always naked. I've just switched to white (thought they said once you tried black you'd never go back?), but not out of choice. It does look gay. But yet to find a skin / cover / case that doesn't detract from the beauty of the thing.
That's true enough. I owned Iphones from the launch in 07 and always gone naked, I have never broken one yet and a few have launched themselves out my top pocket. Just down to luck I suppose as plenty of my pals have forked out £100 to replace the screens for more innocuous spillages than mine.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.geekosystem.com/apple-virus-immunity/

Seems some what apt for this thread.

It's a subtle one this, but recognition all the same
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

pythonista is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess that's a slight improvement from informing all Apple Store employees to deny malware exists, and refuse to help customers http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Order...ticle21693.htm
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

The IT guys in my uni told a lecturer he wasn't allowed to plug his Mac into the wired system as it could potentially transfer viruses onto the intranet. Seemed astonishing. But then I've run Linux Mint for a few years now after I got stung by fake antivirus software and I know I can't be affected, but I could be a 'carrier' and infect my contacts using Windoze or Mac's.

Smartphones do kind of worry me though. There isn't a decent 'linux' platform option. Android is getting hammered, iphones and Windoze phones have the potential. I'm just glad I've got kind of a 'dumb' smartphone for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.