Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

anyone been to Houston?

anyone been to Houston?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone been to Houston?

Originally Posted by lionheart
If I was lucky enough to be in Texas for a few days at my company's expense, the last thing I would do is bother writing on the British Expat board...get a life!
im having a life, i am here for 3 weeks..but thanks for your comments
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
this afternoon was beautiful
you found the strip clubs then!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you found the strip clubs then!
actually no, last night i was too tired and jetlagged after the 17 hour flight. I remember having a drunken conversation (after 3 beers) about Oasis to some garden seat salesman from Florida..

Now next saturday may be a different story...

You have Houston strip club experience Ins?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

actually no, last night i was too tired and jetlagged after the 17 hour flight. I remember having a drunken conversation (after 3 beers) about Oasis to some garden seat salesman from Florida..

No unfortunately never got to do the clubs there despite having been there 4 times.
New Orleans is a different matter
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

No unfortunately never got to do the clubs there despite having been there 4 times.
New Orleans is a different matter
especially at Mardi Gras id wager...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

especially at Mardi Gras id wager...
nah, was a business trip where my client insisted on spending the entire night in his favourite club
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nah, was a business trip where my client insisted on spending the entire night in his favourite club
and being your client, you just had to go along with it..
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and being your client, you just had to go along with it..
well it was a business meeting!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

well it was a business meeting!
the oldest business in the world...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Cheers yea, i am in Westheimer area, near the galleria...found a bar called Sherlocks which is ok..

Its a bit of a dump thou..

MH, i did actually post on US..
Ah Houston. Used to have to go there once a month in my oil days. We used to stay in the Westchase Hilton (which is very close to Sherlocks; which is naturally an English bar because it has a dart board!!).

I'd recommend Sams bar and Sams boat for beers (especially good when they have live music). City Streets is roll on the floor funny as it has themed rooms (tis a nightclub); so you'll see some 10 gallon hat red neck move from the country & western room into the R&B room.

food wise, I'd go to churascos (not sure of spelling but there are 3-4 of them all near westheimer) which serves the best steak in the world, or fogo de chou (again sp?) which is a Brazilian place and is really rather good.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Ah Houston. Used to have to go there once a month in my oil days. We used to stay in the Westchase Hilton (which is very close to Sherlocks; which is naturally an English bar because it has a dart board!!).

I'd recommend Sams bar and Sams boat for beers (especially good when they have live music). City Streets is roll on the floor funny as it has themed rooms (tis a nightclub); so you'll see some 10 gallon hat red neck move from the country & western room into the R&B room.

food wise, I'd go to churascos (not sure of spelling but there are 3-4 of them all near westheimer) which serves the best steak in the world, or fogo de chou (again sp?) which is a Brazilian place and is really rather good.
thanks Mr Moleskins...

laughing about the dart board comment.....they do have a live band that plays oasis also...funny hearing a texan saying 'mad for it'

Ill certainly try these places...trying not to go out too much thou or ill return a fat bugger
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

thanks Mr Moleskins...

laughing about the dart board comment.....they do have a live band that plays oasis also...funny hearing a texan saying 'mad for it'

Ill certainly try these places...trying not to go out too much thou or ill return a fat bugger

Yes - I had no body issues when I was in Houston! You know when you are in a fat town when there are blokes working in Hooters.....

I do seem to remember that there was a curry house very close to sherlocks (I think out in the car park but my memory could be letting me down) which was always a relief after a couple of weeks of eating slop at Papa's seafood, or Papa citos or Papa fatpot.

Despite what anyone tells you, don't bother with the space centre. It is rubbish.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

I *cough* believe if one were to ask a taxi driver *cough cough* to take you to Treasures *cough* then all will be....errr..taken off. It is like hooters but without the clothes. And the food. And the families. And the baseball on TV.

Or so my friend told me.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
I *cough* believe if one were to ask a taxi driver *cough cough* to take you to Treasures *cough* then all will be....errr..taken off. It is like hooters but without the clothes. And the food. And the families. And the baseball on TV.

Or so my friend told me.
being as i am staying at the Marriot in Westchase (right next to the Hilton). If one were to *ahem* happen to stumble upon this nightspot, can you please advise what is on the menu?

to eat that is......
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

being as i am staying at the Marriot in Westchase (right next to the Hilton). If one were to *ahem* happen to stumble upon this nightspot, can you please advise what is on the menu?

to eat that is......
If you were to get out of your taxi, trip on the curb and lurch into Treasures purely by accident (as happened to my friend) you will find a menu full of tasty titbits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.