Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

any comments from our resident lovelies?

any comments from our resident lovelies?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:42 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh please, you lard-butt British frumps have got off too lightly

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
The guy published a follow-up article this week.... seems his comments raised a bit of a storm...

"So what do British women have? Top spot in the European obesity table. Top spot in the European teen pregnancy table. And the only spots (besides Denmark) in the chart showing rising alcohol consumption among women in western Europe.

Well done, Britain. If what women are striving for is the ability to get hammered and fall over in the street, Britain is a feminist paradise from coast to coast. "

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle3056296.ece
I am part British and therefore embarrased to admit that in reference to alcohol abuse, I agree with the author's sentiments. Young women in Britain have taken Zoe Ball's Ladette style to the limit.The way I see it is there is a group of young professionals who work all week only to get hammered every weekend and end up in hospital getting their stomach pumped-Usually smartly dressed and groomed to begin with, the end up in a pile of vomit or worse.They seem to have a desire/ambition to get wrecked at weekends-recover,work then repeat the process ....
Another group-the lardy assed chavs-its a culturul thing.A product of learned behaviour from the generation before who weaned them on Carlsbrg Special-they believe they have a right to be 'provided for' and the thought of earning their keep sends them immediatlely into severe anxiety or panic attacks while simultaneously sending them on to Invalidity Allowance -otherwise known as free drinking vouchers.
Both scenarioshave no European comparators-probably due to the demisitification of alcohol early on in life round family dinner tables where a current day ladette's favourite tipple-wine was no more mystical than a glass of tap water..
Recovery/Prognosis ?????No idea...The Chav Culture ????Fill a crop sprayer with sterilising chemicals and fly it over their local park, street corner or wherever they gather-sterilise the lot of them-break the cycle. The young professionals....????detox them in a horrible stinking old police station instead of an crowded emergency room staffed by overworked and underpaid NHS staff trying to treat genuinely ill people.Call me a fascist- I don't care. I am not a Bible banging temperence member-I enjoy a drink but in the UK-it really has gotten outta order-or is it just me and the Author who think so ?
Am I also the only one who sees the same trend beginning to unfold in parts of USA?.......sorry didn't mean to go on quite so!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I am part British and therefore embarrased to admit that in reference to alcohol abuse, I agree with the author's sentiments. Young women in Britain have taken Zoe Ball's Ladette style to the limit.The way I see it is there is a group of young professionals who work all week only to get hammered every weekend and end up in hospital getting their stomach pumped-Usually smartly dressed and groomed to begin with, the end up in a pile of vomit or worse.They seem to have a desire/ambition to get wrecked at weekends-recover,work then repeat the process ....
Another group-the lardy assed chavs-its a culturul thing.A product of learned behaviour from the generation before who weaned them on Carlsbrg Special-they believe they have a right to be 'provided for' and the thought of earning their keep sends them immediatlely into severe anxiety or panic attacks while simultaneously sending them on to Invalidity Allowance -otherwise known as free drinking vouchers.
Both scenarioshave no European comparators-probably due to the demisitification of alcohol early on in life round family dinner tables where a current day ladette's favourite tipple-wine was no more mystical than a glass of tap water..
Recovery/Prognosis ?????No idea...The Chav Culture ????Fill a crop sprayer with sterilising chemicals and fly it over their local park, street corner or wherever they gather-sterilise the lot of them-break the cycle. The young professionals....????detox them in a horrible stinking old police station instead of an crowded emergency room staffed by overworked and underpaid NHS staff trying to treat genuinely ill people.Call me a fascist- I don't care. I am not a Bible banging temperence member-I enjoy a drink but in the UK-it really has gotten outta order-or is it just me and the Author who think so ?
Am I also the only one who sees the same trend beginning to unfold in parts of USA?.......sorry didn't mean to go on quite so!
Agreed that the binge-drinking culture of the UK is a growing problem - alcohol is a wonderful thing when enjoyed properly; it is something that the Europeans accomplish with a savoir-faire that is sadly lacking in the Anglo-Saxons. But then Europeans don't know how to do a decent afternoon tea. Come to think of it, few Brits remember how to do this, either (Indians are still rather good at it, but you must substitute chaat and pakoras for scones, which isn't really the same thing at all). I digress.

Also, please change your avatar back to the pop-out moment thingy. I find your Toy Story one quite disturbing.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:18 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed that the binge-drinking culture of the UK is a growing problem - alcohol is a wonderful thing when enjoyed properly; it is something that the Europeans accomplish with a savoir-faire that is sadly lacking in the Anglo-Saxons. But then Europeans don't know how to do a decent afternoon tea. Come to think of it, few Brits remember how to do this, either (Indians are still rather good at it, but you must substitute chaat and pakoras for scones, which isn't really the same thing at all). I digress.

Also, please change your avatar back to the pop-out moment thingy. I find your Toy Story one quite disturbing.

I'm suffering from an O.D of Creme De Menthe a ce moment....either that or I 'm back at Heroditus- make mine a triple cyclops.......o.k I'll go back to the pop out thingy......if you lose the Hootie 'n the Blowfish look, revert to the Latino gear and 'keep your hat on'
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

I'm suffering from an O.D of Creme De Menthe a ce moment....either that or I 'm back at Heroditus- make mine a triple cyclops.......o.k I'll go back to the pop out thingy......if you lose the Hootie 'n the Blowfish look, revert to the Latino gear and 'keep your hat on'
ohhhhhhhhh....love Hootie...saw them live in Amsterdam...wonderful
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

Your posts always have the internal cohesion of a madman shaking a dead geranium; it's quite charming, really.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
You do go to a lot of gigs, don't you? Can you play any instruments yourself?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

You do go to a lot of gigs, don't you? Can you play any instruments yourself?
no, but I have had classical and modern singing lessons for quite some time...
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:47 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your posts always have the internal cohesion of a madman shaking a dead geranium; it's quite charming, really.
Que???

Is that a good thing?....clearly not if you are a geranium.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no, but I have had classical and modern singing lessons for quite some time...
In between the open university thang in psychology?

You could combine the talents and heal people with your crooning....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Que???

Is that a good thing?....clearly not if you are a geranium.
The geranium is not germane to the issue at hand.

Last edited by shakh your bootie; Dec 17th 2007 at 3:50 pm. Reason: dyslexia of the fingers
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:50 pm
hmmmm...nice

In between the open university thang in psychology?

You could combine the talents and heal people with your crooning....
I am not a healing type of person....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

-

yes,good aren't they....gawd how many people you seen in concert???

I don't know why SYB's avatar does that to me...everytime I see it I think Hootie.Maybe its the Giotto-esque perfectly formed circular gob on him- ....can almost hear the OO....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The geranium is not germane to the issue at hand.
Should be in a bloody pot anyway
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am not a healing type of person....
Sorry, I forgot. You're a shit-stirring hysterical drama queen. Good personality for a singer, really. When you become a diva of international renown I'll sell your posts to a tabloid and make a mint.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Eva
-

yes,good aren't they....gawd how many people you seen in concert???

I don't know why SYB's avatar does that to me...everytime I see it I think Hootie.Maybe its the Giotto-esque perfectly formed circular gob on him- ....can almost hear the OO....
oh...it's not reminding me of Hootie at all...I find it a very feminine face even though it's not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.