Al Khobar KSA:Help

Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yer Maw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Khobar KSA:Help

Hi, just started a new job near Al Khobar a week or so ago. Unfortunately I'm in a company compound rather than one of the ex pats compounds, so there is little or nothing to do outside work. Is there an ex pats community or any sort of social scene in the area? I'm going to be working out here for a while so any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. Cheers m'dears.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Khobar KSA:Help

You need to get into ARAMCO Compound, as a visitor, where there is a rich and varied social life.! Difficult but it can be done.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
You need to get into ARAMCO Compound, as a visitor, where there is a rich and varied social life.! Difficult but it can be done.
Thanks for the information mate, It's actually Aramco that our company has all the contracts with over here. I had a look at the Aramco Expats website briefly the other week, would it be worth sticking a post on there? I realise these communities don't want just any Tom, Dick or Harry having access, there are only 2 of us Brits on the site though. I don't think the Aramco site is too far away from ours actully.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Aramco "Camp" is more than a site. Next to the US Consulate it is HUGE and has its own golf course and cemetery (the only place in KSA where non-muslims can be buried !)
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Yer Maw
Hi, just started a new job near Al Khobar a week or so ago. Unfortunately I'm in a company compound rather than one of the ex pats compounds, so there is little or nothing to do outside work. Is there an ex pats community or any sort of social scene in the area? I'm going to be working out here for a while so any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. Cheers m'dears.
There are social life options available in Al Khobar which are not limited to Aramco, of course they are "underground" and you have the catch 22 situation of needing to know someone to get an invite. If your work colleague is not new he should know someone who can get you in somewhere, otherwise, I can help you out with an introduction - PM me.

If you have a multiple then Bahrain is always a good option for weekends.

Suggest it would not be of any benefit to put an unsolicited post on the Aramco Expats website as it will likely be ignored.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Backinthesand
There are social life options available in Al Khobar which are not limited to Aramco, of course they are "underground" and you have the catch 22 situation of needing to know someone to get an invite. If your work colleague is not new he should know someone who can get you in somewhere, otherwise, I can help you out with an introduction - PM me.

If you have a multiple then Bahrain is always a good option for weekends.

Suggest it would not be of any benefit to put an unsolicited post on the Aramco Expats website as it will likely be ignored.
PM sent mate