Ahem.....

Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahem.....

"I like Newcastle. They've not got that issue of thinking they're a big club or have any sort of chip on their shoulders. Unlike the likes of Liverpool"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ......!!!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
"I like Newcastle. They've not got that issue of thinking they're a big club or have any sort of chip on their shoulders. Unlike the likes of Liverpool"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ......!!!!!!
Not joking, they're alright. Liverpool and thelike think they should be winning the league and champions league every year.

Going down was the best thing for Newcastle.

Oh and their fans are mental. Last game of the season at St Mary's a few years back, we won 3-1 with Paul Telfer (i think) lobbing Shay Given from about 35 yards. Every goal we scored - they were still singing louder and didn't stop. Quality.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not joking, they're alright. Liverpool and thelike think they should be winning the league and champions league every year.

Going down was the best thing for Newcastle.

Oh and their fans are mental. Last game of the season at St Mary's a few years back, we won 3-1 with Paul Telfer (i think) lobbing Shay Given from about 35 yards. Every goal we scored - they were still singing louder and didn't stop. Quality.
Compare the trophies fella , Liverpool are one of the most successful clubs in World Club football , they rank alongside Real Madrid , A.C Milan , Ajax , Internazionale , Man Utd , Barcelona , Arsenal and a host of other top clubs.

Of course they think they should be winning the top trophies every year mate the clubs bred and conditioned for it .

Your argument just doesn't stack up fella and that's not me being bitter because i'm a Mackem , it's just plain fact ......

Quite amusing though , you haven't been taking them Black & White Geordie Delusion tablets have you ?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Compare the trophies fella , Liverpool are one of the most successful clubs in World Club football , they rank alongside Real Madrid , A.C Milan , Ajax , Internazionale , Man Utd , Barcelona , Arsenal and a host of other top clubs.

Of course they think they should be winning the top trophies every year mate the clubs bred and conditioned for it .

Your argument just doesn't stack up fella and that's not me being bitter because i'm a Mackem , it's just plain fact ......

Quite amusing though , you haven't been taking them Black & White Geordie Delusion tablets have you ?
Sorry, I mean the likes of Liverpool aren't the big club they used to be, they're a Europa Cup team, not a Champions League team, they're not a title contender, they're fighting for top 6. But the fans are adamant they are...just winds me up. 18/19 (can't remember how many) League titles is impressive but when you've not won one for 20+ years it's a bit of poor claim.

Like those absolute pikey skate ******s in Portsmouth claiming they held the FA Cup for longer than anyone else.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I like Newcastle. They've not got that issue of thinking they're a big club or have any sort of chip on their shoulders. Unlike the likes of Liverpool.

you don't really follow football do you Scamp ?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy

It's not my first choice of sport. I prefer Rugby, more enjoyable.

That being said I used to go to every Saints home game when I was younger.

Still, stand by what I said, Liverpool are not a big club right now.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's not my first choice of sport. I prefer Rugby, more enjoyable.

That being said I used to go to every Saints home game when I was younger.

Still, stand by what I said, Liverpool are not a big club right now.
define a big club ?

and when did big become a measure of a club ? since Sky and all their shite - trophies define success shirley ?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:34 am
Account Closed

define a big club ?

and when did big become a measure of a club ? since Sky and all their shite - trophies define success shirley ?
Big clubs are the challengers, the ones who are going to be there on the last day of the season trying to win the league, or the champions league, or the FA Cup etc. They have the surrounding bits as well; fans, stadium, global presence / market, European success, big name players etc.

Liverpool have most of the other bits, the huge ageing fanbase (still obsessed with 20yrs+ ago success), they don't have the stadium (yet), they have the global appeal still, Europe they have recent success but more recent failure, they have not got a team of world class players (bar a fit Gerrard).

But none of the above matters unless you are competing properly. If Liverpool had a stinker and finished mid-table, would you still think they're a big club?

If trophies equal success then Saints are a successful club because they won the FA Cup in 1976?

This is a complete difference of opinion i think, I see the appeal of Liverpool's history and record in Europe and number of title's etc, I just don't think they are anywhere near that level nowadays, but their fans seem to think they are.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

I see the appeal of Liverpool's history and record in Europe and number of title's etc, I just don't think they are anywhere near that level nowadays, but their fans seem to think they are.
A bit like Aberdeen...25/30 years ago with Alex Ferguson at the helm they were more successful both domestically and in Europe than either Celtic or Rangers.

Nowadays struggling to stay in the SPL - although 20 years of mediocre / poor football since then has wiped most successful memories from the fan base.

No longer do we expect to, or feel like we should be, winning the league.

I agree with Scamp that the fans at Liverpool are unbelievably optimistic if they think their current team are genuine contenders for either the League title or any European Cups. Kenny Dagleish I think was a good appointment and will probably have more success than his recent predecessors
Old Aug 25th 2011, 11:42 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It is one of the funniest things I've read on here, like.

Old Aug 25th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, I'd be happy if newcastle won the fair play league at the minute ha ha, championship trophies aside the north east has been a pretty barren place in recent times!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simcalreet
To be honest, I'd be happy if newcastle won the fair play league at the minute ha ha, championship trophies aside the north east has been a pretty barren place in recent times!
to be fair to Scamp he did mention relegation had been good for the skunks - before that it was all "barcelona of the north" Man Utd are our rivals now" "everyone's 2nd team" bollocks from a team that hasn't won anything since 1955

Hey, I'm over last weekend already
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:10 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

to be fair to Scamp he did mention relegation had been good for the skunks - before that it was all "barcelona of the north" Man Utd are our rivals now" "everyone's 2nd team" bollocks from a team that hasn't won anything since 1955

Hey, I'm over last weekend already
IF YOU'VE WON A CUP IN COLOUR, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
IF YOU'VE WON A CUP IN COLOUR, CLAP YOUR HANDS!

they won't be able to resist mentioning the Fairs Cup in 1969, a competition they didn't even qualify for
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point

they won't be able to resist mentioning the Fairs Cup in 1969, a competition they didn't even qualify for
and here'e me trying to bring a bit of unity to the north east, well f**k you's, and the horse that Bob Moncur rode in on too! (could'nt resist!)