Abu Dhabi United

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi United

Originally Posted by Spugsy
thats Wigan's Titus Bramble aye?

Actually he was in the irish village for the CL final.
Bramble at Wigan?

Ah yes, forgot he had moved on............ presumably not playing at the moment, as they conceded 0 last week at Hull...........

Keegan walked out? That's Barton finished then.........
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I don't know who you are or where you are from, but you seem to know bugger all about English football. Have a look at crowd sizes if you want to see who the biggest teams are. For example, historically Newcastle have always been a bigger club than Chelsea in my view. If they had the same financial backing as City now have, they would be a Top Four club too. These days its almost entirely about money as Blackburn Rovers proved a few years back...but a good manager also helps.
don't forget what happened to Leeds when they bought their way to the top!
hopefully the same thing will happen to Chelski when Abramovich ges bored with wasting his money.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently City's new owner has said he wants to buy Ronaldo for £134m. They really do not have any concept of the real world.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Apparently City's new owner has said he wants to buy Ronaldo for £134m. They really do not have any concept of the real world.
So City give United GBP 134m. And United give City an ovverated diving cheat.

That should wipe the new smiles off City faces.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
don't forget what happened to Leeds when they bought their way to the top!
hopefully the same thing will happen to Chelski when Abramovich ges bored with wasting his money.
In what way did Leeds "buy their way to the top"?

The team that reached the ECL semis in 2000 (?) were never as good as many observers thought, and the only previous team to reach the top was largely home-grown (early-seventies).
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:31 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

This will make you laugh....

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/52973...-ronaldo-swoop
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:09 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
In what way did Leeds "buy their way to the top"?

The team that reached the ECL semis in 2000 (?) were never as good as many observers thought, and the only previous team to reach the top was largely home-grown (early-seventies).
What about the Leeds team that won the league in the early 90's (McAllistar, Strachan, Chapman, Speed etc) .....wasnt that considered to be the reaching the top ?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:17 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

So City give United GBP 134m. And United give City an ovverated diving cheat.

That should wipe the new smiles off City faces.
Ronaldo overated ?.......I dont like him but to be fair he's an incredible footballer, and has cut the diving down massively from what it was a few years ago....But hey which players dont dive nowadays ??

Gerrard has done it for years and got away with it, and no-one bats an eyelid

I saw Ashley Young get a free kick in the last min against Liverpool when he decided to kick the leg of the defender and then pretend to fall over....and get away with it

Its why I like watching Torres so much, as he stays on his feet no matter what, even if tackled in the area, as he's so determined to score .....wish more players were like that !

Besides, I cant see how having a player like Ronaldo in your side, scoring 30+ goals a season, would wipe the smile off a Man City fan's face.....?

It may wipe the smile off a Man Utd's fan's face if he defected to the blue half of Manchester though.....lol
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Ronaldo overated ?.......I dont like him but to be fair he's an incredible footballer, and has cut the diving down massively from what it was a few years ago....But hey which players dont dive nowadays ??

Gerrard has done it for years and got away with it, and no-one bats an eyelid

I saw Ashley Young get a free kick in the last min against Liverpool when he decided to kick the leg of the defender and then pretend to fall over....and get away with it

Its why I like watching Torres so much, as he stays on his feet no matter what, even if tackled in the area, as he's so determined to score .....wish more players were like that !

Besides, I cant see how having a player like Ronaldo in your side, scoring 30+ goals a season, would wipe the smile off a Man City fan's face.....?

It may wipe the smile off a Man Utd's fan's face if he defected to the blue half of Manchester though.....lol
Yea but 134m?

OK here's today's footy poll:

You are that nice Mr Ferguson. That nice Mr Glaser tells you you have 134m to spend, but you have lost that little Portuguese git.........

He says you can buy up to FOUR players with the money.

Knowing United's other players, where they need strengthening, etc - who do you buy?

Over to you..........

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 3rd 2008 at 7:55 am. Reason: spacing
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:16 am
Hammer for Life

Yea but 134m?

OK here's today's footy poll:

You are that nice Mr Ferguson. That nice Mr Glaser tells you you have 134m to spend, but you have lost that little Portuguese git.........

He says you can buy up to FOUR players with the money.

Knowing United's other players, where they need strengthening, etc - who do you buy?

Over to you..........
In goal: Mervyn Day
Midfield : Nigel Quashie & Alan Curbishley
Striker : Luis Boa Morte

Will sort out all West Ham's problems in one swoop....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And all this happened as Sheikh Mansour asked his son what he wanted for his birthday and the lad replied, "I'd like a cowboy outfit".

-
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:29 am
W10

Originally Posted by lionheart
Thanks for the heads-up. As for the jam analogy, it certainly worked for Chelsea, who were mediocre before the Roman invasion. Looking at their existing players, Man City should be challenging for a Top 6 place this year but not sure if that will satisfy the Sheikhs...poor Mark Hughes will be in for a nervous season.
They should have been looking at top 6 before ADUG came on board. Hughes has made some fabulous signings. They already had one of the best midfields in the league but the addition of Kompany (a real class act) will help shore them up at the back and Robinho will help them up front.

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:43 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by W10
They should have been looking at top 6 before ADUG came on board. Hughes has made some fabulous signings. They already had one of the best midfields in the league but the addition of Kompany (a real class act) will help shore them up at the back and Robinho will help them up front.
Already had one of the best midfields in the league......Are you on drugs ?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10
I agree wholeheartedly about their midfield. Meanwhile, their new signings will bolster their inconsistent defence, leaving Jo, Robinho, Elano, Petrov, Benjani and SWP to find the net. City certainly do not need Ronaldo, which their fans will soon be spelling out to the new owners I'm sure. Incidentally, they now have good players covering all positions twice over, except possibly left back. Heinze would have been a more useful buy.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:53 am
W10

Elano, Petrov and Wright Phillips...also Johnson (just got into the England squad I believe) - I think that is an excellent midfield.

Now they have Jo and Robhino up front and in Kompany, a man who is going to be the best defender in the world pretty soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.