Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi F1 GP tickets

Abu Dhabi F1 GP tickets

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:21 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi F1 GP tickets

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi F1 GP tickets will go on sale at 10am on 30th March. Prices will range from 1800-2500 Dirhams.

Who's going?
For sure I will be there
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

All Grandstand tickets via ADF1 website sold out.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Slingshot, do you have your tickets yet?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:40 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Slingshot, do you have your tickets yet?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
You got yours?
Hotel prices are mad for those dates though but I managed to get a good deal
Even hotels in Dubai around the marina and jebel ali are charging mad prices - 3000dhs for Jebel Ali
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:34 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how much I could lease my villa out for in Mangrove.

Its 15odd mins away from the race track and I'd rather stick a hot poker up my sphinkter than go and watch F1.

So it will sleep 4 couples, and more kids...

Offers??
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:40 pm
same shit different day

Originally Posted by commander
Wonder how much I could lease my villa out for in Mangrove.

Its 15odd mins away from the race track and I'd rather stick a hot poker up my sphinkter than go and watch F1.

So it will sleep 4 couples, and more kids...

Offers??
and where will you stay?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
SYB... calling SYB.... help me SYB.... you're my only hope...
Ha, ha - only just saw this.... I only get free tickets to Silverstone, sadly...

{err make that Donnington for this year... Old habits...}

Last edited by shakh your bootie; Mar 30th 2009 at 5:42 pm. Reason: bloody fia....
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

A bit of rush for tickets apparently..?

F1 fever causes top tickets to sell out
Roland Hughes

Last Updated: March 31. 2009 12:29AM UAE / The National

ABU DHABI // Two grandstands, seating about 20,000 fans, were sold out yesterday within hours of tickets for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix going on sale.

Tickets for the Formula One race on Nov 1 went on sale across the country at 10am, and queues immediately formed in malls in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The feelings of the would-be ticket holders were summed up by Steve Zehenny, 32, an oil industry manager originally from Lebanon, who bought four tickets for himself and three friends. “I am the biggest F1 fan,” he said. “I have been wanting to live this experience my whole life and I would not miss this for anything. It is the biggest event that has happened here.”

Customers looking to buy the most expensive seats in the main grandstand, along the start-finish straight, were told they were no longer available within the first hour of going on sale. A three-day pass costs Dh2,000 (US$544).

Other fans hoping to buy sought-after tickets in the west grandstand, which offers views of the longest straight section, found there were none left just before noon. Sections of each of the other three grandstands were selling out as the day went on.

A number of people were looking to buy tickets for friends or relatives travelling to the UAE just for the race. Makram el Zyr, 33, a Lebanese national working in hotel development, wanted 15 tickets in the west grandstand for himself and friends, four of whom will be travelling from Lebanon or Saudi Arabia.

Instead, he was told the limit was 10 tickets per person, and had to settle for seats in the U-shaped north stand.

What the buyers got yesterday were official receipts: the tickets themselves are expected to be distributed to them in the two or three months before the race weekend.

Because many tickets were being bought for visiting friends, Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management, the race organisers, admit the purchases made in the UAE will not truly reflect how many people from the UAE itself will be at the race. ADMM did not release figures for sales made within the country.

A number of people spoke of a variety of problems attempting to buy tickets online or over the phone.

Miguel Rocha, 49, a pilot from the Philippines, bought five tickets from the stand at Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi.

“I was online at 10am when the tickets went on sale because I wanted tickets for the main grandstand, but I couldn’t get on the website,” he said.

By the time Mr Rocha reached Marina Mall, seats in his preferred main grandstand had sold out. He instead bought tickets for the south grandstand.

Away from the sales fever, rumours of delays to the Yas Island circuit were dismissed.

Christian Tortora, a reporter with the French-language sports radio network RDS in Canada, is reported to have said during the Australian GP in Melbourne on Sunday that the Abu Dhabi circuit’s construction was facing delays and Montreal could host a race instead.

A spokesman for ADMM yesterday said: “Progress on the construction of Yas Marina Circuit is on track and there are no concerns regarding delivery deadlines.”

Aldar, the site developers, previously said the circuit would be ready by Aug 31.

[email protected]
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slingshot
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
You got yours?
Yeah, I've got mine .

I can't bloody wait. Can't believe it's 7 months away...
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I've got mine .

I can't bloody wait. Can't believe it's 7 months away...
Brawn is better than brain..............
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Dean
Brawn is better than brain..............
I'm sorry, what are you talking about???
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
and where will you stay?
At my families home miles away in Dubai.

Im being deadly serious here, where would i advertise this?

my friends done this in Carnoustie when the open was on, paid for a weekend break and an extension to thier house..
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

tutututut illegal...... without landlords permission...... and he would want his cut
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
tutututut illegal...... without landlords permission...... and he would want his cut
and how will the LL know?

'weekend visitors'

I did it in Spain 99 with the golf at Valderrama, I was only renting there as well. Mucho peseta..
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:22 am
same shit different day

Originally Posted by commander
At my families home miles away in Dubai.

Im being deadly serious here, where would i advertise this?

my friends done this in Carnoustie when the open was on, paid for a weekend break and an extension to thier house..
advertise it on here
maybe try www.shortstaydubai.com
hotels are a complete rip off and most already booked up so why not cash in on it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.