Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The 9/11 photo they took FIVE years to publish......

The 9/11 photo they took FIVE years to publish......

Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 9/11 photo they took FIVE years to publish......

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Let me guess - you've just accepted the list of names and titles of the people involved in the physics911 site at face value without bothering to check if they're for real or not? It would certainly tally with pretty much everything else you've said in this thread.

Despite previously professing ignorance about what actually happened on the day, you were insistent that the idea of debris and body parts being blown outwards from the towers was fabrication, even though the collection of said parts is a material fact and was widely reported in the media at the time. Many people whose apartments were largely undamaged weren't actually allowed to return home until the forensic teams had been and removed the items from their balconies, and in some cases that took weeks.

It actually happened, is the point I'm trying to make here.

Why the emphasis on "solitary"? As I previously made clear, I was just picking on a single example, to demonstrate how they are required to use omission and distortion in order to try and make their argument stand up.

Surely it doesn't require a massive mental leap to concede that if just that one page is full of bad science and misrepresentation, there could well be a few - shall I say - terminological inexactitudes to be found elsewhere in the site? And yet you seem rather upset at the suggestion that this could be the case.

Hmmm. You seemed quite happy to discuss the supposed "suspicious" nature of the collapses. You only started getting unhappy with the direction the thread was taking when I started pointing out that you, and the physics911 site, might be rather wrong about one or two things
So you want me to take YOUR 'science' at face value, but not theirs? Not once have you mentioned YOUR qualification to pass comment. Are those names made up then?

Like I said - forget it. Read my post to SYB, which was very conciliatory to your argument.

The steel didn't "weaken" - it melted.

The towers did not collapse 'with one floor falling on top of another' - all floors appear to be collapsing simultaneously.

That website raises questions about that. They are legitimate.

As I am getting tired of telling you, I do not know the answer.

You have not convinced me - but nor has that website.

By the way - what do you think of the people chatting idly in that photo?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:21 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
So you want me to take YOUR 'science' at face value, but not theirs?
Not at all - go and do some research. That's what I did when the conspiracy rumours first started gaining currency. Don't just be spoonfed bad science from a website that has to omit important matters of fact in order to make its arguments stand up.

Yes, I appreciate that the conspiracy theories are far more attractive than mundane reality, but when it comes to something like this, I think facts are more important than fiction.

Are those names made up then?
You mean you haven't bothered to find out?

Like I said - forget it. Read my post to SYB, which was very conciliatory to your argument
Conciliatory in your signature Deany way, naturally

The steel didn't "weaken" - it melted
And from where did you get that nugget of information? You seem very certain of it, so must be from a cast-iron (sic) source.

The towers did not collapse 'with one floor falling on top of another' - all floors appear to be collapsing simultaneously
The operative word being "appear".

That website raises questions about that. They are legitimate
Only if you're willing to accept arguments that begin from faulty first premises. And Physics911 is full of them.

You have not convinced me - but nor has that website
If you've realised that Physics911 is full of major factual errors, then some good has been done here

By the way - what do you think of the people chatting idly in that photo?
To me, they look just like many people would in that situation - detached observers. They'd had nearly two hours for the initial slack-jawed stop-and-stare shock to have passed. However, as the photographer himself states, it's the apparent ambiguity that gives the image its power.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I'd never been motivated to do any research into 911 conspiracy theories because it has always seemed patently ridiculous to do so. AQ admitted responsibility for the attack, there is sufficient eye witness & video evidence, air traffic records etc to demonstrate that it did, in fact, occur - so why waste mental energy on entertaining the outlandish tales of rumour mongers?

However, the briefest of web searches will get you the results of the 3 year investigation into the causes. The dismissal of the controlled demolition argument is on their FAQ page....

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

As for a picture of some apathetic young kids watching from a distance.... this is surprising, why??????
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
To be honest, I'd never been motivated to do any research into 911 conspiracy theories because it has always seemed patently ridiculous to do so. AQ admitted responsibility for the attack, there is sufficient eye witness & video evidence, air traffic records etc to demonstrate that it did, in fact, occur - so why waste mental energy on entertaining the outlandish tales of rumour mongers?

However, the briefest of web searches will get you the results of the 3 year investigation into the causes. The dismissal of the controlled demolition argument is on their FAQ page....

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

As for a picture of some apathetic young kids watching from a distance.... this is surprising, why??????
The apathetic kids (actually forty-ish apparently)? Nothing remarkable - until Frank Rich made it his business to draw conclusions about why the photographer withheld it for five years because he thought people would draw conclusions about the people in it........

Gareth, you're wasting your time. That site is flawed, you say. I haven't done any research into the names but the sources seemed genuine enough.

You've worn me out, and apart from the indefatigable SYB, everyone else switched off ages ago.

Now go and reply to someone else about something else. You're a Moderator - you can do that.

I'm not calling a truce - I'm admitting defeat.

And just so I remember never to argue with you again - what exactly ARE your scientific qualifications?

And finally - is "Prof Steve Jones" NOT a prof at BYU?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:13 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You've worn me out, and apart from the indefatigable SYB, everyone else switched off ages ago
That's the great thing about a forum, though - not everybody will be interested in every thread.

Now go and reply to someone else about something else. You're a Moderator - you can do that

That signature Dean schtick - gotta love it

And just so I remember never to argue with you again - what exactly ARE your scientific qualifications?
None. I'm just interested in things, I read, I research, and I don't automatically take things at face value - especially not websites peddling ludicrous conspiracy theories.

And finally - is "Prof Steve Jones" NOT a prof at BYU?
You got Google. Use it.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
That's true. But then, no building prior to 9-11, in the 100-plus year history of steel frame buildings, had ever had an commercial airliner with a full load of fuel hit it and destroy part of its load-bearing structure *before* the fire started. That's not an irrelevant point..

not commercial but the empire state building was hit a b42 bomber in the 40's. there was also a building in brazil which a 757 hit. neither collapsed
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD5my_VMMog

its a controlled explosion...my theory about steven Segal is correct..
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm