Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

6 words where 2 will do

6 words where 2 will do

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 words where 2 will do

Originally Posted by kittycat1
My best gay friends at home are a couple and simply referred to as the gayboys. However my dad refers to them as 'the queers', to which he gets a slap every time! Didnt help they came to my leaving do dressed as Viviene Westwood and Boy George- my dad was uncomfortable the entire day and my brother had his back fixed to the wall ( as if theyd go near him! they are far too picky for that).

So why do all straight men seem to assume all gay men are going to have a crack at them?
Why shouldn't we assume that?

After all, it's the males they go after, and have you seen the state of some the gayboys? Christ - not surprised they're gay, as if any woman in their right minds would go anywhere near them.Men have got far lower standards.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam

After all, it's the males they go after, and have you seen the state of some the gayboys? Christ - not surprised they're gay, as if any woman in their right minds would go anywhere near them.Men have got far lower standards.
Fair point.

Homophobia is promulgated by gay males who make uninvited sexual advances to other males even though they know the other males are straight. Most gay men don't do that. A few do, and give the rest a bad name. That is what many straight men fear.

I have several gay male friends, who I like very much and who all adore my wife. I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose...........

(BTW - isn't a 'phobia' a fear? Why is the word always used to denote hatred?)
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Exactly. And there's plenty of one word descriptors around, so spoilt for choice really.

Men who have sex with men?

It seems they also include bi-sexual men in that category?

As the legendary Alan Partridge so eloquently put it - " He plays for both sides - Manchester City AND Manchester United. "
Isn't that the point? Some men may not identify themselves as 'gay' but may be at risk due to their sexual practices.

What a daft thread.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously?

Gay men seem a lot fussier than women! If your wearing the wrong shoes you're out! All the gay men I know (all absolute queens) go for immaculate good looking men who are preened and perfect with six packs, as much as they might eye up a straight guy at the end of the day no straight guy is good enough for them!

I used to live with a straight gay guy (as in a guy that you wouldn't think was gay) and he had a rather adonis like italian boyfriend who was camp as a row of tents.

Gay men like to shock and make staright men feel uncomfortable- its a power thing to make up for all the years in the closet!

i don't mean that a gay guy has never come on to a straight guy- its the same as a bloke coming on to a lesbian! But I think they are generallya bit fussier than to crack on to the beer bellied, ungroomed, badly dressed, rude, unkept straight guys that us women have to put up with!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have been approached twice by gay men...once in a night club and once in the office.

it was funny the first time, let's say a bit awkward the second.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

So why do all straight men seem to assume all gay men are going to have a crack at them?
Because all straight men will have a crack at any woman?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:32 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I have been approached twice by gay men...once in a night club and once in the office.

it was funny the first time, let's say a bit awkward the second.
Did you say Yes or No?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Did you say Yes or No?
The guy in the club - The gist of what I said was No, albeit I seem to remember the words being a bit stronger and came directly from my Cockney-Anglo-Saxon phrasebook.

The guy in the office - I was a bit more tactful, but still declined.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:48 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
The guy in the club - The gist of what I said was No, albeit I seem to remember the words being a bit stronger and came directly from my Cockney-Anglo-Saxon phrasebook.

The guy in the office - I was a bit more tactful, but still declined.
And I had you down as the adventurous type...
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah.

I have never been approached by a gay man nor have any of my friends. And I like to think I'm decent looking and I'm certainly well dressed.

There's certainly a generational gap going on here. The younger generation are much more comfortable around homosexuals than the older generation and we're also much more aware that homosexuality isn't defined by stereotypes as it once was. I have old school mates and coworkers who you would never think were gay (ruggers, cricket obsessed, quintessential English types) so except when it's obvious I rarely make assumptions about who is or isn't gay.

Actually, let me rephrase that, I generally assume 95% of the men I meet are straight but when proven wrong I don't bat an eye or inch away.

Originally Posted by The Dean
Fair point.

Homophobia is promulgated by gay males who make uninvited sexual advances to other males even though they know the other males are straight. Most gay men don't do that. A few do, and give the rest a bad name. That is what many straight men fear.

I have several gay male friends, who I like very much and who all adore my wife. I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose...........

(BTW - isn't a 'phobia' a fear? Why is the word always used to denote hatred?)
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously?

Gay men seem a lot fussier than women! If your wearing the wrong shoes you're out! All the gay men I know (all absolute queens) go for immaculate good looking men who are preened and perfect with six packs, as much as they might eye up a straight guy at the end of the day no straight guy is good enough for them!

I used to live with a straight gay guy (as in a guy that you wouldn't think was gay) and he had a rather adonis like italian boyfriend who was camp as a row of tents.

Gay men like to shock and make staright men feel uncomfortable- its a power thing to make up for all the years in the closet!

i don't mean that a gay guy has never come on to a straight guy- its the same as a bloke coming on to a lesbian! But I think they are generallya bit fussier than to crack on to the beer bellied, ungroomed, badly dressed, rude, unkept straight guys that us women have to put up with!
Very true kittycat!

It's awfully arrogant for straight men to assume that any gay man would be dying to have a go on them and often the so-called advance is simply to watch a guy squirm. From a woman's point of view it's rather amusing to see, especially if you have experienced vile, sweaty men trying it on for years.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously?

I think that's another stereotype to be honest. I've known quite a few gay men that look an absolute mess: overweight, unkempt, ungroomed, look like they got dressed in the dark and have never set foot in gymnasium.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok all the gay men I know work in the fashion industry so maybe they are that way inclined!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok all the gay men I know work in the fashion industry so maybe they are that way inclined!

yeah

All the gay men I knew worked for the local council. Says it all really!!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

...the beer bellied, ungroomed, badly dressed, rude, unkept straight guys that us women have to put up with!
Have we met?