Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

50th anniversary of the Flintstones.

50th anniversary of the Flintstones.

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default 50th anniversary of the Flintstones.

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the Flintstones.
However, apparently, the people in Dubai don't get it,
but the people in Abu Dhabi Dooo!!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 50th anniversary of the Flintstones.

But did you know

The Flintstones was the first American animated show to depict two people of the opposite sex (Fred and Wilma; Barney and Betty) sleeping together in one bed, although Fred and Wilma are sometimes depicted as sleeping in separate beds.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:52 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But did you know

The Flintstones was the first American animated show to depict two people of the opposite sex (Fred and Wilma; Barney and Betty) sleeping together in one bed, although Fred and Wilma are sometimes depicted as sleeping in separate beds.
I used to wonder about Laurel and Hardy always sleeping together in the same bed...no-one ever said anything !
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:39 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward (his wife) appeared in the film "Winning" and, apparently, in the scenes in which they were in bed together they had to be clothed and he had to have one of his feet on the ground at all times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065215/

Loved the movie (yes, now you have an idea how old I am) but then those wonderful blue eyes always were a great attraction ... would you believe that it was my grandmother who told me about 'come to bed' eyes?

Anyway, way off topic from Fred and Barney, neither of whom had 'come to bed' eyes

Hope you've all had a great weekend!
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 3:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward (his wife) appeared in the film "Winning" and, apparently, in the scenes in which they were in bed together they had to be clothed and he had to have one of his feet on the ground at all times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065215/

Loved the movie (yes, now you have an idea how old I am) but then those wonderful blue eyes always were a great attraction ... would you believe that it was my grandmother who told me about 'come to bed' eyes?

Anyway, way off topic from Fred and Barney, neither of whom had 'come to bed' eyes

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

Never really looked at Paul Newman in that kind of way before.....
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I used to wonder about Laurel and Hardy always sleeping together in the same bed...no-one ever said anything !
and Morecambe and Wise.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Sounds like a snooker rule. So presumably if he couldn't get his leg over he'd have to use his left hand.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Sounds like a snooker rule. So presumably if he couldn't get his leg over he'd have to use his left hand.
..and stay away from the brown, presumably....
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
..and stay away from the brown, presumably....
I've been told its ok if you go in off pink. Technically still a foul, though.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:56 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I've been told its ok if you go in off pink. Technically still a foul, though.
but if you are deemed to have intentionally done so, its an automatic ban....