What's happened to the UK?

Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happened to the UK?

Originally Posted by dunroving
The country is going to the dogs ...
Had to laugh at that being posted in The Rovers Return
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We don't allow polygamy under UK law (do we?) so there's at least one religious practice we don't accommodate (and that US law does, IIRC).

Or I could just be talking bollock, don't have time to check.
As far as I'm aware, Britain and Australia don't allow polygamous marriages to take place, but both governments recognize a polygamous marriage that occurred in another country where the practice is legal. The acknowledgement of such marriages means that second wives and their kids have the same status the 'first' wife and kids, including being able to access government support (which I don't have a problem with, as long as they meet all the income and assets criteria).

Although my knowledge comes from about 5 years ago, so things may have changed!

Edit: I was curious so I checked (only for Oz). A second and subsequent wives are termed de facto partners for the purposes of income support payments from the government. I don't have any stats but my gut tells me there would only be a tiny minority of polygamous marriages here.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 11th 2015 at 10:35 am.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:17 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Had to laugh at that being posted in The Rovers Return
Me too!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Why start a thread with a daft inflammatory title with one clear target?
Simples. The one clear target, whether by media manipulation or not, gives rise to concern about........... what's happening to the UK?
Old Feb 15th 2015, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live I see polygamists almost daily. They are easily identifiable and I think the government leaves them alone.
I'm waiting to see what happens when people in same sex marriage get divorced. There have been some cases and they got ugly.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm waiting to see what happens when people in same sex marriage get divorced. There have been some cases and they got ugly.
Whereas it's unknown for people in opposite sex marriages to have divorces that "get ugly"?
Old Feb 15th 2015, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Simples. The one clear target, whether by media manipulation or not, gives rise to concern about........... what's happening to the UK?
Not sure I've understood. There is a concern about "What's happened to the UK" so any story, however biased, is justified?
Old Feb 15th 2015, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Whereas it's unknown for people in opposite sex marriages to have divorces that "get ugly"?
'Eastenders' episodes would be about 3 minutes long.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Not sure I've understood. There is a concern about "What's happened to the UK" so any story, however biased, is justified?
I'm saying the almost constant barrage of anti muslim media coverage, whether it be halal meat, FGM, arranged marriages, child rape, 7/7, ISIS, attacks on free speech, attacks on Jews, electoral corruption etc.etc. is having a negative affect on peoples opinions of the Muslim population in general and causing division.

Therefore I can understand, but not necessarily agree with, the OP and his, as you quite rightly put it, "a thread with a daft inflammatory title with one clear target."
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the immigrants...☺☺
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
I blame the immigrants...☺☺
The Angles, Saxons, Jutes or Danes?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
The Angles, Saxons, Jutes or Danes?
Effing Vikings if you ask me. What with their dirty habits and bleedin' longships.

Wolves, I tells yer, the country's going to.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What happened ? You bankrupted yourselves in two world wars and lost your Empire. The reality of the loss of Imperial Power has not yet reached some parts of the Old Country !
Old Feb 19th 2015, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

The country is going to the dogs ...
I see so many dogs taking their owners for walkies, I'm sure you are right!
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Was the thread just against certain practices of animal cruelty, if so forget the religion.... cruelty to animals is what should be foremost in peoples minds.. The UK should just abolish cruelty to animals in all forms and if people dont like it let them go where it is accepted. Dont bend to whats accepted as alright in another country.
Poligamy is illigal in the US but when you have a TV show called "Sister Wives" running I wonder how strict the law is enforced....
As for What Happened to England nothing that the people didnt let happen. its like the George Orwell film Big Brother is Watching You".... "You really cant say anything anymore. Most people I know just moan at home....next they will have cameras in homes.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.