Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Vaccination Certification - what to do

Vaccination Certification - what to do

Old Jul 12th 2021, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccination Certification - what to do

We are looking to return to the UK in late September having given up on the idea of finding somewhere perhaps more suitable to settle overseas, while Covid is still in full swing. We are fully vaccinated and already trying to come to terms with the likely need to go into quarantine initially after arrival from an amber country, since our AZ vaccinations took place overseas and are in non-digital format.

A bigger concern is the possible exclusion from normal pub, restaurant and other day-to-day life until such time that we can perhaps get roped in to getting fully vaccinated all over again and thus get 'hooked in' to the UK covid NHS app 'system'.

Anybody else been in contact with their new UK doctor's surgery upon arrival and got feedback as to how they can get 'integrated' when already fully-vaccinated elsewhere, by a health system that the UK doesn't at this point seem to recognise?
Old Jul 12th 2021, 7:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Certification - what to do

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
We are looking to return to the UK in late September having given up on the idea of finding somewhere perhaps more suitable to settle overseas, while Covid is still in full swing. We are fully vaccinated and already trying to come to terms with the likely need to go into quarantine initially after arrival from an amber country, since our AZ vaccinations took place overseas and are in non-digital format.

A bigger concern is the possible exclusion from normal pub, restaurant and other day-to-day life until such time that we can perhaps get roped in to getting fully vaccinated all over again and thus get 'hooked in' to the UK covid NHS app 'system'.

Anybody else been in contact with their new UK doctor's surgery upon arrival and got feedback as to how they can get 'integrated' when already fully-vaccinated elsewhere, by a health system that the UK doesn't at this point seem to recognise?

Can't find it now, but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that once you have established your gp, somebody there can review your documentation and enter it into your NHS account for you. I just have the bit of cardboard that the US CDC offers, and will be needing the same.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Certification - what to do

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Can't find it now, but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that once you have established your gp, somebody there can review your documentation and enter it into your NHS account for you. I just have the bit of cardboard that the US CDC offers, and will be needing the same.
Ok very good! Was thinking/hoping that it would be some arrangement like that.

In the meantime, I need to get something similar done to get us into (life in) France from here in Madeira in a couple of weeks but am waiting for a response from the authorities here first.

I guess that we are in a similar situation to visitors from the US to France but I can't see any US media specifically trying to address US visitors' concerns now that President Macron has announced that without a digital vaccination card approved by the EU generally, one is likely to be excluded from cafes, restaurants and shopping centres, to say the least.