Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Wikiposts

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Wow, sorry to hear about your parents.. that is a long time to wait to go home, cant you rent the house out through a property manement company or something?
We dont really want to do that, it may get abused, we want to say bye to this whole affair, no loose ends.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
We dont really want to do that, it may get abused, we want to say bye to this whole affair, no loose ends.
I understand, that is probably the wise thing to do..being out of the country you couldnt keep an eye on how things where going.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Poppcat...Stirring the pot isnt allowed unless you know what your talking about. Selling houses is a big part of going home and giving other people ideas on how to do it whereas discussing healthcare in a much broader details is not about going home. I dont think selling houses has taken up pages and pages of this topic.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Poppcat...Stirring the pot isnt allowed unless you know what your talking about. Selling houses is a big part of going home and giving other people ideas on how to do it whereas discussing healthcare in a much broader details is not about going home. I dont think selling houses has taken up pages and pages of this topic.
Keep stirring...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I am just like a zombie really!! There is nothing I can actually DO as such right now, I will go into panic mode on the last 2 weeks no doubt.
I thought you were always in panic mode hahahahahaa
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Keep stirring...
I think its all a matter of whats important to you at the time, as I said I dont have a house to sell, so I find pages of that discussion to be boring..but I know that eventually we will get onto another subject, so I just wait in the wings and accept it...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I think its all a matter of whats important to you at the time, as I said I dont have a house to sell, so I find pages of that discussion to be boring..but I know that eventually we will get onto another subject, so I just wait in the wings and accept it...
Whooops maybe I shouldnt have brought up the house subject... sorry Jackie...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Whooops maybe I shouldnt have brought up the house subject... sorry Jackie...
NOOO..that is not what I mean at all..lol
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
btw I find it sad that the main reason why so many people have to think about leaving the US is deemed too 'political' to be discussed in the main over 50s thread. This illness and the state of healthcare affairs in the US is one of the main reasons ladyinlv wanted to leave. But even bringing up the subject is cause for her to be shunted off into a side thread. I don't get it. If you live here and you think the US healthcare system is just fine and dandy, good for you. But surely you can still see why she would feel the way she does and allow her to discuss it, just the way others discuss childhood memories or selling their house. Nuts!
I know I haven't been a member long enough to venture an opinion....but I'm brave....soooo here goes....my impression is that this thread is about much more than just information being exchanged. Moving back to the UK especially over a certain ageis so stressful that the support being given here is priceless. Who else can really understand the emotions we're all experiencing, but someone who is going through them? As I'm in Canada, the US healthcare doesn't impact me at all, but I can either skip through that part, or read it for information, or, as in Jackie's case, even though I don't know her, empathize and wish her the best. Just my opinion.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
I know I haven't been a member long enough to venture an opinion....but I'm brave....soooo here goes....my impression is that this thread is about much more than just information being exchanged. Moving back to the UK especially over a certain ageis so stressful that the support being given here is priceless. Who else can really understand the emotions we're all experiencing, but someone who is going through them? As I'm in Canada, the US healthcare doesn't impact me at all, but I can either skip through that part, or read it for information, or, as in Jackie's case, even though I don't know her, empathize and wish her the best. Just my opinion.
Thank you Sommerset.. that is exactly what we all though the thread was about. I didnt mean to cause any problems when I vented about my sitiation the other day, and figured after a few posts the subject would fade out,as with other subjects we get involved with. It evolved into something else unfortunately..so here we are..
Jackie
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I keep coming here to read about Healthcare but nobodys is posting, it seems the old thread is still in that business, and I thought it was banned, Huhhhhh what next.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Pauline... and I thought your name would be Denise... hahhahaaaaa
I think that name is taken
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I think that name is taken
hahahaaaaa I know, about 4 times.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

I keep coming here to read about Healthcare but nobodys is posting, it seems the old thread is still in that business, and I thought it was banned, Huhhhhh what next.
I've unsubscribed from the 50/60 main thread for now. The childish posturing is a bit too much. Makes me crabby, waste of my precious time. Will check in occasionally to see if it has some semblance of adult conversation and interchange of ideas going on.
Still subscribed on here. No offense to the sane ones....and you know who you are.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aviva
I've unsubscribed from the 50/60 main thread for now. The childish posturing is a bit too much. Makes me crabby, waste of my precious time. Will check in occasionally to see if it has some semblance of adult conversation and interchange of ideas going on.
Still subscribed on here. No offense to the sane ones....and you know who you are.
LOL aviva, I think we are all doing the same thing..tired of the double standard over there..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.