Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

UK/US plus Canada for a day on VWP?

UK/US plus Canada for a day on VWP?

Old May 19th 2011, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK/US plus Canada for a day on VWP?

I think this is my first post in the US forum, be gentle

Mrs T and I are headed to Vegas on June 15th stopping to see her relatives on the way back in New Jersey. We're going to Niagara Falls with them and it's been suggested we visit Toronto and possibly stay there one night before heading back to NJ and then onto LHR.

We'll be on VWP (doing ESTA this weekend). I'll be on a Brit passport (I'll have my Aussie one with me) and Mrs TB will be on her Aussie one. Not sure if that makes any difference?

Is there any issue with visiting Canada for a day from US on a VWP?

I guess this could go in the Canadian forum but we'll be returning to the US fron Canada so I thought it would better in here.

Thx

Last edited by Tr1boy; May 19th 2011 at 11:03 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK/US plus Canada for a day on VWP?

You can visit Canada, Mexico or a neighbouring island under the VWP. We did a side trip to the Bahamas from NYC on a visit to the US a few years back, with me on the VWP. The important thing to realise is that the side visit does not reset the 90 days maximum stay you get in the US under the VWP.

Normally when you enter by land under the VWP for the first time you get the green I-94W form. I don't know if they'll make you fill one out when you return from Canada because you won't have one from entering originally by air under the ESTA. If they do make you fill one out, make sure the airline takes it from you when you finally leave the US.

Last edited by rpjs; May 19th 2011 at 11:06 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
You can visit Canada, Mexico or a neighbouring island under the VWP. We did a side trip to the Bahamas from NYC on a visit to the US a few years back, with me on the VWP. The important thing to realise is that the side vusit does not reset the 90 days maximum stay you get in the US under the VWP.

Normally when you enter by land under the VWP you get the green I-94W form. I don't know if they'll make you fill one out when you return from Canada because you won't have one entering originally by air under the ESTA. If they do make you fill one out, make sure the airline takes it from you when you finally leave the US.
Many thanks for that. Our whole trip is only about 15 days so no worries on the 90 day re-setting.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Refresh our memories and tell if you have emigranted to the US and if so, what visa are you on. This will determine if you can go to Canada this weekend (we are heading there ourselves but not to Sin City).