Small birds

Old May 6th 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Isismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud of
Default Small birds

Has anyone ever flew back from canada to UK with small birds, canaries or finches, Im having trouble finding much out, I have just dropped defra an email, hopefuly hear something back.

Im a little worried about them travelling such a long distance, if they were under my seat I could at least ensure they had water and food, finches are such fragile creatures, if I have to I will rehome but Id like to take the canary with me and at least 2 of the finches I bred
Old May 6th 2015, 10:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small birds

Originally Posted by Isismom
Has anyone ever flew back from canada to UK with small birds, canaries or finches, Im having trouble finding much out, I have just dropped defra an email, hopefuly hear something back.

Im a little worried about them travelling such a long distance, if they were under my seat I could at least ensure they had water and food, finches are such fragile creatures, if I have to I will rehome but Id like to take the canary with me and at least 2 of the finches I bred
I think you should read this thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-751783/
Old May 7th 2015, 12:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I think you should read this thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-751783/

I thought the very same.
Old May 7th 2015, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Isismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud of

Thanks lol!...still giggling!
Old May 7th 2015, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks lol!...still giggling!
Glad you liked it.

Sorry but apart from that thread...I can't recall a thread about transporting birds.
Old May 7th 2015, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

That parrot thread is hilarious!

OP - if you click on this link: https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk you will find details of the govt dept that you need to contact to import your feathered friends into the UK.

I've had a quick look on the Virgin and BA websites and both give details for shipping cats and dogs only, so you may need to contact them directly to enquire about birds.

IAG Cargo is the company that BA use for pet shipping and they also handle birds so you may want to contact them too. https://www.iagcargo.com/iagcargo/po...o/live_animals

Good luck with your move. We are returning to the UK tomorrow after spending 2 years in the US. We have a Cavalier King Charles who is coming with us. We used Virgin to bring her to the U.S. and are using them again to return. We have found their service to be excellent.
Old May 7th 2015, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

I think Ill have my hands full with all the rest of my animals, dog, cat, horse, guess Ill give them to a friend!

Thanks for the help, and laughs too!
Old May 7th 2015, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I think Ill have my hands full with all the rest of my animals, dog, cat, horse, guess Ill give them to a friend!

Thanks for the help, and laughs too!
I doubt you will be able to take the horse in the cabin with you...don't think it will fit under the seat.
Old May 7th 2015, 10:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I doubt you will be able to take the horse in the cabin with you...don't think it will fit under the seat.
Not to mention the Horse Feathers.
Old May 10th 2015, 11:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That parrot thread was legendary.

I will be interested in the outcome about the small birds.

I have rosa bourke parakeets and now wonder if they would be allowed into the UK. It is not allowed vice versa UK to NZ.